Teavana goes out of business
The company announced on Thursday after the US market closed. Starbucks wants to offer the approximately 3,300 affected employees new jobs in other stores.
The group plans to create 240,000 new jobs worldwide over the next five years. Starbucks justified the Teavana decision with poor sales figures. However, the brand, which was bought for $ 620 million in 2012, is to be retained and continued to be offered in Starbucks stores.
At the same time as this information, the US company announced that the profit in the second quarter compared to the previous year's figure has shrunk by eight percent to 692 million dollars. Income increased in the same order of magnitude to $ 5.7 billion in the second quarter - in the past, however, the growth in sales was often much stronger.
The news did not go down well with investors. The shares fell after the hours of trading by more than three percent. The group had previously announced that it would take over the remaining 50 percent of its business in China for $ 1.3 billion from joint venture partners. It is the largest acquisition in Starbucks history.
- Why is my portable charger not charging?
- Was Dr. Cuddy from Dr. House dressed
- Which course is better Solidworks or Catia
- How common is oral sex in marriage
- What are access modifiers in Java EE
- A system can have 0 entropy
- Where can I buy E100 ethanol fuel
- Was or is Japan an empire
- Why are poisonous frogs colored
- Which state has the most alligators?
- How many tabs can Google Chrome handle
- What is the negative aspect of socialism
- What is Metabolic Nutrition
- What is side pressure exerted by liquid
- What content inspired you the most
- Sexual desires increase with age
- What was the capital of ancient Rome
- Why are 4K TVs stupid
- What should I know about high school
- Why do plasters have small holes?
- What is Skid Row's most successful song
- What are stock oils
- What is the fastest handwriting speed
- What's your go-to bass bait