What is the HTML5 canvas
HTML5 canvas tutorial
The canvas element - the element for our play area
The playing area is built with the HTML element canvas. Canvas does not come from “can something” but from the English “canvas”. So we have a drawing area (our game board) that needs a height and a width as an indication.
What can canvas do?
On the canvas can:
- Lines are drawn
- Rectangle drawing functions
- Circular arcs
- Bezier curves
- Color gradients
- Images - graphics (PNG, GIF, JPG)
Integrate canvas in HTML
First we pack a canvas element into a standard HTML framework and give it a unique name in addition to a width and height:
Now complete with HTML5 framework:
Which browsers (from which version) support Canvas
And last but not least, backward compatibility. Canvas was originally developed by Apple as part of WebKit and then incorporated into HTML5. We can use Canvas from version 9 of Internet Explorer without any problems. Firefox from version 3.6, Safari from 3.2, Chrome from version 14 and the Android browser from version 2.2. So an element that is very well supported.
And now the size and a border so that we can see our canvas element. This should be given with our HTML command. If the size is defined via CSS (which seems more logical at first), there can be unattractive effects and size problems with different browsers.
We could also enter percentages for the width and height, but to make it easier to understand, we will first work with absolute values - i.e. for our example with a width of 600 pixels and a height of 300 pixels.
- What are universal constants in mathematics
- How are roommates allocated in IIT Kharagpur
- What mental illness tries to destroy others
- Which is a free antivirus
- How to read glasses prescriptions
- Is Shekhar Ravjiani a Sindhi
- Is there a cure for osteomalacia
- Has anyone ever ridden a whale
- Why do conservatives complain about the media
- Where did logos start?
- How close are we to a riot
- Who is considered a cancer survivor
- What is the biggest myth about therapy
- Which virtual reality glasses should I buy?
- Looking for pragmatic marketing templates
- Is Japanese an illogical language
- Is RIMS Imphal good for an MBBS
- How do I understand Euler's identity
- What's a better ending for Avatar
- What if Sauron fights Aragorn?
- How do I spell like 1
- What are the best home appliances available
- How is Sacred Games a Netflix Original
- What is a regulated one in the power plant