What are icebergs
What is an iceberg?
Icebergs are huge floating ice masses, which only about a seventh part of their mass rise above the sea surface.They arise when an end piece of the inland ice or a polar glacier breaks off. Especially at the edge of the Ross pack ice, the falling and rising tides form large cracks that cause such icebergs to detach. Since water, unlike most liquids, expands when it freezes, it loses its density. Just as an ice cube floats in a glass of water and does not sink, so do the huge icebergs in the sea without sinking. Swimming in the water, they drift north into the Pacific, covering several thousand kilometers. In 1956 the largest iceberg was observed; it had an area of 31,000 square kilometers and was thus larger than Belgium. Icebergs are a major threat to shippingbecause most of it is under water and can seriously damage ships. The sinking of the Titanic, which has since been filmed several times, can also be traced back to the impact on an iceberg. On its maiden voyage in 1912, the British passenger ship, which was considered unsinkable, collided with an iceberg in the North Atlantic and sank within a short time. This misfortune claimed 1503 lives.
- Is the Avogadros number hypothetical
- How was Isaac Newton's education
- Governments benefit from urbanization
- Where can I get hanging plants
- Should aspiring entrepreneurs go to college
- What convinced you to contribute to Wikipedia
- How to initiate an effective debate
- How strong is your morale
- Why is India overheating
- What is the full form of FIRST
- Tally ERP has a mobile app
- How dangerous is cardiomyopathy
- How do I check stocks technically
- When and why was Voyager launched
- Is organic chemistry good or biotechnology
- How are 12-digit phone numbers possible
- What is a precipitation reaction
- Will microchip people without our permission
- Is chemical evolution a part of evolution?
- What is an ideal death sentence
- Can I have one page resume templates
- When did Led Zeppelin make it big?
- How much do virtual reality games cost
- Has white chocolate theobromine