Why do people prefer fresh bills
The new hundreds are coming
The 5 to 50 euro notes are already available in a new design, and fresh 100 and 200 have been in circulation since May 28th. At first glance, they look like the previous banknotes, the changes are in the details. The European Central Bank wants to make work more difficult for counterfeiters. The old notes are still valid, but the banks are gradually withdrawing them from circulation.
New technology for more security
Two new security features are intended to make the notes more forgery-proof: In the silver foil strip on the right edge of the banknotes, small euro symbols will in future move around the numbers 100 or 200. The hologram has only changed the color of the smaller banknotes. The so-called emerald number at the bottom left has also been revised. In addition to a light bar that runs over the number when you tilt the bill, small euro symbols now appear on the digits.
The 500 disappears
There will not be a new 500 euro note, because the European Central Bank will do without this most valuable bank note in the future. Bills that are still in circulation will be withdrawn, but initially remain valid and can later be exchanged at the Bundesbank without limitation. This also applies to the previous hundreds and two hundred.
Europe appears on the notes
All notes of the now completely introduced "Europa series" contain two images of Europa, a figure from Greek mythology. They become visible when the notes are held up to the light. A translucent window then appears in the foil strip on the right, and a watermark with Europe in the white strip on the left. The new 100 and 200 euro bills have the same height as the 50s and are half a centimeter smaller than before. 2.3 billion hundreds and around 700 million two hundred are in circulation throughout the euro area.
Counterfeiters prefer 50 euro notes
In 2018, the Bundesbank confiscated around 58,000 counterfeit euro bills with a total face value of 3.4 million euros. 72 percent of the counterfeits were 50s, 16 percent were 20 euro bills.
This topic in the program:
Lower Saxony 18.00 | 05/27/2019 | 6:00 p.m.
- Can Naruto beat Superman
- Is Logan Paul still relevant
- Should I learn Esperanto or Spanish?
- You can do anything you can imagine
- What does the Punjabi word Kokka mean
- Is life a force
- What happens when the habeas corpus is exposed
- How do I stop feeling dead
- What does suh mean in SMS
- What is a routing number
- How effective is coffee on a hangover
- Why are pets useful
- How do non-Muslims cure black magic
- Can predict the baby's gender
- Network routers deteriorate with age
- Who discovered Bitcoin or crypto currency
- Are hallucinogens legal
- Really do people whiplash
- What are the best audio book devices
- Are dormitories more pleasant or hostels rooms
- What are some examples of recessive traits
- Who is bidding on the Brady Bunch house
- Who offers good help desk outsourcing services
- Can someone do my psychological readings