Where do anode rays come from
The cathode rays show the atomistic subdivision of electricity
The Building Blocks of the Body World An Introduction to Atomic Physics pp 47-58 | Cite as
Everyone has seen lightning and heard that the lightning consists of an electrical discharge. The opposite charges between two clouds or between cloud and earth balance each other out. One can imitate lightning on a small scale by discharging a charged Leyden bottle. Then a popping spark forms between the two wires or metal balls at the smallest distance. The discharge in a tube with diluted gas becomes wonderfully diverse and colorful. The essential parts of such a tube are shown in Fig. 10. A glass tube closed on all sides, only through the neck D. the air can be pumped out. Two wires fused into the glass walls serve to supply and discharge the current. The one connected to the positive pole of the charging machine is also called the anode here A., the other K is the cathode. The shape of the tube, as well as the arrangement of the electrodes, can vary widely depending on the particular purpose for which the tube is to serve.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This chapter is part of the Springer Book Archives digitization project with publications that have appeared since the publisher's inception in 1842. With this archive, the publisher provides sources for both historical and disciplinary research, each of which must be viewed in a historical context. This chapter is from a book that was published before 1945 and is therefore not advertised by the publisher in its political-ideological orientation typical of the time.
Authors and Affiliations
- 1. Ignatius College in Valkenburg, Germany
- What can happen overnight
- What is required for the customer when boarding
- What is the lowest point in asia
- What are cognitive schemas
- As a student, you were homesick
- Should I join Amazon or Startup?
- How can I make RDP more secure
- Is Divya Bharti overrated
- Can SAP Lumira replace the SAP Business Object
- What is another method of indexing
- What is data extraction in research
- Can calculate tianhe 2 9 9 9
- What does 215
- Why do starfish not have bilateral symmetry
- Why don't you like wet weather
- How can I become a compulsive draftsman
- Are flight attendants paid for delays
- What happened to good people
- Is it legal to use copyrighted music?
- Was Janet Jackson in the thriller
- Does Algeria have any border disputes
- How selective is the ESCP Bachelor?
- What kind of bitcoin mining is there
- What is fundamental analysis forex