What is the population of Doha
independent since 1971
قطر / Qatar
geographyQatar is a country on a peninsula in the Persian Gulf. The land has a total area of 11,610 km² and a total coastline of 563 km. This land mass is roughly 0.7 times the size of Schleswig Holstein. This makes Qatar one of the smallest countries in Asia and ranked 165th worldwide in terms of area. With an average height of only 28 m above sea level, it is one of the lowest-lying countries in the world.
There are 27 islands in the country. Saudi Arabia is the only country directly bordering Qatar. The distance between Berlin and the capital Doha is approximately 4,400 km.
The countrywide Arabia Standard Time (AST) applies in Qatar. Unlike in Germany, however, there is no summer time here. So there is a time difference of 2 hours in winter. In summer, however, the time difference is 1 hour.
1 rial is divided into 100 dirhams.
Status: May 21, 2021
1 euro = 4.45 rials
1 rial = 0.22 euros
The climate in QatarIn Qatar there is a subtropical climate, so it is much drier and warmer than here. There are heavy rain showers only in a few wetter months per year. The average maximum daily temperatures are between 23 and 43 degrees, depending on the season. In the colder months, depending on the region, the temperature drops to up to 15 ° C in the monthly average.
Average day and night temperatures
According to the definition of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Qatar is one of the developing countries due to its economic performance. With an HDI (Human Development Index) of 0.848, Qatar is one of the most highly developed economies according to the UN definition. However, the IMF does not share this classification. Taking into account purchasing power parity, it is one of the 10 richest countries in the world.
|13% urban areas:||1,495 km²|
|6% agriculture:||656 km²|
|0% forests:||0 km²|
|81% other areas:||9,459 km²|
|Road network:||7,039 km|
The main cities
|city||Part of the country||Residents|
|Doha / capital||Baladiyat ad Dawhah||587.000|
|Ar Rayyan||Baladiyat ar Rayyan||606.000|
|Al Wakrah||Al Wakrah||299.000|
|Umm Salal Muhammad||Baladiyat Umm Salal||29.000|
|Ash Shahaniyah||Baladiyat ar Rayyan||8.380|
|Dukhan||Baladiyat ar Rayyan||7.250|
|Umm Sa'id||Al Wakrah||5.770|
|Madinat ash Shamal||Madinat ash Shamal||5.270|
|Al Wukayr||Al Wakrah||5.150|
|Ar Ru’ays||Madinat ash Shamal||3.330|
|Fuwayrit||Madinat ash Shamal||1.330|
(Based on the World Bank's "Worldwide Governance Indicators" project)
|Rule of law:|
|Freedom of speech:|
|Death penalty:||constitutionally allowed|
Existing trade agreements
- What are units
- QATAR document attestation process
- What are good natural alternatives to tampons
- Animals have to obey the law
- What a home buyer you are
- What are sword scabbards made of?
- What made you go from liberal to libertarian
- What is the degree for optometry
- Do you always know how you feel
- What is an electrical panel
- What is the clustering principle in IOT
- What is the cause of rolling thunder
- Rats are good pets
- Can menstrual blood be tested for HIV
- Who is better than Neymar or Mbappe
- Why is equality not important
- Nazi Germany was a superpower
- What are some tricks in fluid dynamics
- What does it mean?
- Will Apple products ever load Flash?
- Is a degree in history worth anything?
- Might defeat Ultraman Godzilla
- I feel discouraged What should I do
- How are the largest heads formed?