What are NameCheap standard name servers
Cloudflare Help Center
Here you can find out how to update the name servers at your domain registrar in order to successfully activate Cloudflare.
This article previously appeared under the title Step 3: Switch your domain name servers to Cloudflare
In order for web traffic to be routed through the Cloudflare network, you need to update the name servers at your domain registrar so that your domain's DNS is resolved to the Cloudflare name servers. Updating your nameservers won't change where your website is hosted. You can also continue to use OpenDNS, Google DNS, etc. as recursive DNS. However, Cloudflare recommends the 184.108.40.206 resolver.
To get started:
1. Enter your domain in the ICANN WHOIS field:
2. Log in to the administrator account for your domain registrar.
3. Replace the current name server entries in your registrar account with the Cloudflare name servers for your domain. It can take up to 72 hours for changes to be distributed from name servers worldwide.
Contact your registrar's support center for the most specific information. Below are instructions for changing the name servers on popular registrars:
4. Update the overview-App from Cloudflare. If it still says there Complete your nameserver setup, do the following:
- Make sure that under ICANN WHOISName serverthe Cloudflare name servers are spelled correctly and that the Cloudflare name servers are the only name servers listed.
- If the information under ICANN WHOISName server correct, click the button in the Cloudflare Overview appNow check again.
5. If Complete your nameserver setup no longer in the overviewApp from Cloudflare is displayed, you have successfully updated the name servers. Your domain is now active on Cloudflare.
Once your domain is active on Cloudflare, please also read Best Practices for Active Cloudflare Domains.
If you run into issues, please see our Troubleshooting FAQs for New Cloudflare Customers.
Verify that traffic is really going through the Cloudflare proxy server
Some online tools like GTmetrix don't recognize Cloudflare as a content delivery network (CDN) because we don't work like a conventional CDN. Instead call https: //www.example.com/ cdn-cgi / trace to make sure that your domain traffic is actively routed through the Cloudflare proxy. Replace in the process www.example.com by the domain and host name routed through the Cloudflare proxy. If the proxy forwarding through Cloudflare works, an output like this appears in the browser:fl = 4f177 h = www.example.com ip = 2001: 1900: 2200: 7525: 749f: 9ed1: 444c: 80b4 ts = 1562191016.292 visit_scheme = https uag = Mozilla / 5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit / 537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome / 74.0.3729.157 Safari / 537.36 colo = SJC http = http / 2 loc = US tls = TLSv1.3 sni = plaintext warp = off
If you don't get such an output:
- Make sure that your DNS entry in the CloudflareDNS-App is marked with an orange cloud symbol,
- Enter your domain into ICANN WHOIS to make sure that under SurnameServers only Cloudflare nameservers are listed for your domain, or
- contact Cloudflare support.
- What treatment is best for stomach ulcers
- Why is shopify better to use
- Should I update to iOS 11 1
- Is collagen powder halal to consume
- How is the nightlife in San Francisco
- Why am I so complacent about spirituality?
- What are the missiles
- How is the Netflix business model sustainable
- What are LTE protocols and specifications
- Is the American electorate able to think?
- Data will bring you inquiry
- Why is Isis abusing women
- Does automation affect Linux system administration jobs
- Why EA's Frostbite Motor Is So Bad
- A CPAP is basically oxygen at night
- Is verbal ability important for the GATE exam?
- Who produced the Swipely homepage video
- How does the West affect Japan
- How do call centers get new customers
- What does Septobasidiaceae
- The GOP is Reagan's party
- Which country code starts with 9
- How does lethargy feel emotionally?
- All organic acids are carboxylic acids