Which decimal part of 225 is 153
There are two cases that concern the denominator when we add ordinary fractions:
- A. The fractions have the same denominator;
- B. The fractions have different denominators.
A. How do I add ordinary fractions with the same denominator?
- Just add up the fractions' counters.
- The denominator of the resulting fraction will be the common denominator of the fractions.
- Shorten the resulting fraction.
An example of adding ordinary fractions with the same denominator. Explanations
3/18 + 4/18 + 5/18 = (3 + 4 + 5)/18 = 12/18;
- We just added the numerators of the fractions: 3 + 4 + 5 = 12;
- The denominator of the resulting fraction is: 18;
The resulting fraction is shortened as follows: 12/18 = (12 ÷ 6)/(18 ÷ 6) = 2/3.
How to shorten the general fraction 12/18?
B. If you want to add fractions with different denominators, you need to name them the same so that their denominators match. how is it done?
1. Shorten the fractions.
2. Calculate the least common multiple (lcm) of all new denominators of the fractions:
3. Calculate the expansion number for each fraction:
- The expansion number is the non-zero number used to multiply the numerator and denominator of each fraction to bring all of the fractions to the same common denominator.
- Divide the least common multiple (LCM) calculated above by the denominator of each fraction to find the expansion number of each fraction.
4. Expand each fraction:
- Multiply the numerator and denominator of each fraction by its expanded number.
- At this point, fractions are brought to the same denominator.
5. Add the fractions:
- To add all of the fractions, just add all of the fractions' counters.
- The resulting fraction has as its denominator the least common multiple, lcm, which was calculated above.
6. Shorten the resulting fraction until it is completely shortened if necessary.
... read the rest of this article here: How do I add common fractions?
- What is night laziness
- How are stop signs placed?
- Is it Safe to Use App Cloner?
- How did the beer come about?
- How is the ecommerce website Jingloo
- What is GPS Fleet Vehicle Tracking
- Why are birds not seen in China?
- What does shipping exception mean
- Why do Ikea furniture always break
- Various different software tools for animation design
- What's the best ethical hacking book
- What is a BMD machine
- What are the basic characteristics of protochord data
- Howcome mobile gaming industry is growing rapidly
- What is the afterlife like in heaven
- What animals sweat like people
- How do you compliment someone in Russian
- What does the Bible say about artists
- What foods contain zinc
- How do I learn for ugc net
- How does science support Islam?
- How can I install ServiceNow
- How is the ITS Dental College Murad Nagar
- What is the hearing range of people