What is preventing you from being eligible?
Fear: when is it justified?
That is a difficult question that cannot be answered in general. It doesn't help us either to ask when fear is normal. When we say fear is normal we usually mean that in this situation most people are afraid.
The fact that other people are also afraid in this, however, does not indicate a healthy fear, because it simply means that these people all have the same assessment of "danger" in the situation. Fear is an individual decision. Everyone has to ask himself to what extent he is want to be afraid in certain situations.
Fear is appropriate if it alarms us and makes us just as efficient as we need it to be in order to behave appropriately in the situation. It is abnormal if it panics us so that we are no longer capable of meaningful action, or if it does not alarm us enough.
The effect of fear can be represented in an inverted U-function: If the fear is too weak, we are not alerted enough and made efficient. If it is too strong, we cannot respond appropriately either. A medium level of excitement leads to optimal performance. Then we are vigilant and we come up with sensible strategies for solving the situation.
If we are afraid of situations that are not associated with real danger, such as a fear of a spider or a bird, the fear is pointless. However, we can still choose to live with a "senseless" fear, as long as it concerns fears of situations that rarely occur in everyday life and do not greatly restrict our lives, we do not necessarily have to overcome them.
If we are afraid of situations that involve real danger but are unlikely (plane crash, fire), there is also no point in being afraid.
If we are afraid of situations that involve dangers that we cannot control and control (death, old age, serious illness), it is up to us to consider whether we want to generate fears beforehand.
Personally, I assume that fear makes sense if it alerts me to behaviors that will help me avoid real likely dangers. If there is nothing I can do to avoid a possible danger, fear has lost its function. Then personally, I will have to work as hard as you to get the fear under control.
When fear puts shackles on us and narrows our lives, makes us sick and takes away the joy of life, it is advisable that we do something about it. If fear prevents us from achieving our goals and from being who we want to be, it is recommended that we do something about it. We can and must decide for ourselves when to consider fear useful and when not.
- What reminds you of your mother
- What is your start-up doing
- What is a house party
- Does the experience certificate include a promotion
- How can we redeem and use bitcoins
- Is BitCoin compatible with Fractional Reserve Banking
- Artificially synthesized chemical elements are natural
- Will HTML5 ever overtake native mobile apps?
- What is Butte MT known for?
- What are the main models of urban ecology
- How do clocks measure time internally
- Could socialism work in Africa south of the Sahara
- What is Sola Scriptura
- What does a summary contain
- Habitual Noerglers are depressed
- Why Transfarmer is rated in KVA
- What are some of the densest materials
- Is the Vivo S1 Pro smartphone waterproof?
- Are evangelical Christians viewed as religious extremists?
- Benjamin Netanyahu is Italian
- Why is Islam such a hateful religion
- Is it possible to colonize the moon?
- How are stop signs placed?
- What is it like to visit Disneyland
- What is special about West Bengal
- All plants photosynthesize
- Why are Airbnb hosts canceling people's bookings
- What is the ticket sales for MLB
- Are algorithms the basis for problem solving?
- How is forgiveness helpful?
- Is it a delusion to be alive?
- Which is the best coaching academy
- Why is Google not giving feedback
- What connects all Indians with one another