How did AI improve accessibility on the Internet
- Introduction to ARIA
- A quick introduction that describes how dynamic content can be made accessible with ARIA. Also check out the classic introduction of Gez Lemon from 2008.
- Web applications and ARIA FAQ
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions about WAI-ARIA and why it is necessary to make web applications accessible.
- Videos from screen readers with ARIA
- Take a look at simplified examples and practical examples for ARIA. "Before and after" examples can also be found here.
- Using ARIA with HTML
- Here you will find practical recommendations for developers. For example which attributes should be used with which HTML elements.
Easy improvements with ARIA
- Enhancing Page Navigation with ARIA Landmarks
- An introduction to improving page navigation for screen reader users with ARIA landmarks. Also read the article on Implementing ARIA Landmarks and check out existing ARIA Landmark websites (last updated July 2011).
- Improving the accessibility of forms
- ARIA isn't just for dynamic content! Learn how to improve the accessibility of HTML forms with the help of ARIA attributes.
- Live regions (work-in-progress)
- Live regions provide screen readers with information on how to deal with content changes on websites.
- Using ARIA Live Regions to Announce Content Changes
- A brief overview of live regions from the makers of the screen reader software JAWS. Live regions are also supported by NVDA in Firefox and VoiceOver in Safari (from OS X Lion and iOS 5).
- Keyboard navigation style guide
- Getting developers to implement it consistently is a challenge at ARIA, which of course would be best for users. This style guide describes the keyboard functions for known widgets.
More information about ARIA
- Widget techniques, tutorials and examples
- Do you need a slider, menu or other type of widget? Here you can find further information.
- If you start a new project, use a UI widget library with ARIA support! Warning: The article is from 2009 - the content should be copied to an MDN page so that it can be updated.
- Accessibility of HTML5 and Rich Internet Applications - CSUN 2012 Workshop Materials
- Also includes presentations and examples.
- Free ARIA Google Group
- Here you can ask questions about ARIA and make suggestions to improve this ARIA documentation.
ARIA information from blogs is usually quickly out of date. However, there is some helpful information from other developers who work with ARIA.
Report an error
- Directory for ARIA examples
- Some sample files with basic structure from which one can learn.
- Examples of accessible JS widget libraries
- Dojo, jQuery, Fluid, YUI
- Yahoo! Mail
- Yahoo! has at Yahoo! Mail done a great job. A web app that looks almost like a native app and works very well, like a review on Yahoo! Mail from screen reader user Marco Zehe shows. His comment: "Keep up the good work!".
- Yahoo! Search
- Yahoo! has also done a very good job here, fully exploiting the possibilities with ARIA and documenting the technology in detail. At Yahoo! Search uses a combination of ARIA landmarks, live regions and widgets.
- Overview of the WAI-ARIA activities of the W3C
- Overview of efforts to standardize AI-ARIA from the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
- WAI-ARIA specification
- The specification of the W3C is very useful as a reference. At this stage it is essential to carry out a compatibility test, as the implementations still differ from one another.
- WAI-ARIA Authoring Practices
- As with the WAI-ARIA specification of the W3C, the official best practices represent an ideal for the future - the point in time at which it can be assumed that ARIA support is consistently implemented in all browsers and screen readers. The W3C documents allow in-depth insight into the structure of ARIA.
For now, web developers implementing ARIA should maximize compatibility by referring to the documentation of best practices and examples.
- Open AJAX Accessibility Task Force
- The Open AJAX Effort Centers on topics such as developer tools, sample files and automated tests for ARIA.
- In development: WCAG 2.0 ARIA techniques
- The community needs a complete set of WCAG techniques for WAI-ARIA + HTML in order for organizations to be confident that their ARIA-enhanced content is WCAG-compliant. This is especially important when rules and regulations are based on WCAG.
- Why should you use the Salesforce client list
- What do you think of Emir Radoncic
- What is the tensile strength of wood
- What is a muddler
- What are the main steps of protein synthesis
- Which angles are bigger than right angles
- Does humanity exist in the world?
- Will Quora ever do a lite version?
- How much do you like Linkin Park
- What is the SAR of J8
- Which scene film is that from
- Are female hyenas stronger than male hyenas
- What is vehicle recall
- Why are cryptocurrencies becoming so popular
- How do I check Verizon email
- Horses were native to America
- Are Indians crazy or passionate about cricket?
- Which DC characters would you come with?
- What is your photography style
- What do you mean by food processing
- What wildflowers are common in Utah
- Are the xylem and phloem plants specific
- How much do broadcast journalists earn
- Do natural sciences stigmatize the social sciences
- Should I learn Cloudkit or Firebase
- Can you fast and build muscle
- What are the free content spinning tools
- Heal cuts better covered or uncovered
- Is modern plate tectonics wrong
- How does HCG help you lose weight
- Howler monkeys are omnivores
- What is the full form of MSI
- What are some popular local ecommerce platforms
- What happened to Whole Foods stock?