How do I start a Persian podcast
The Persian Empire and its inglorious end
The Persian Empire came to an inglorious end with the Islamic Revolution in Iran in 1979. The last Shah of the Persians, Mohammad Reza, was forced to flee, one of the oldest monarchies in the world ceased to exist almost overnight. Of course, none of this was foreseeable, even if the old Persian Empire had been sliding from one crisis to the next for centuries. As early as the 16th century, the Persian shahs faced an almost overpowering neighbor, the Ottoman Empire, in the west; later, Russian, British or both troops invaded Persia regularly and repeatedly occupied parts of the country.
Sign up for the Déjà-vu newsletter here. Here you can financially support Déjà-vu history.
In this episode of the Déjà-vu story podcast I want to share how Shah, politics and society reacted to these challenges. I tell of the Constitutional Revolution of 1906, which ended the absolute rule of the Shahs in the Persian Empire and created a constitutional order. I tell of the fateful concessions that were granted to foreign investors in the field of oil production, for example, and I tell of the reign of Reza Shah Pahlavi, who was looking for a radical way out of all of this. In the end, there is even time to talk about the confusing question of the name of this Persian Empire and what its renaming to Iran really meant. In conclusion, one thing is very clear. Nothing about this development up to the Islamic Revolution was mapped out and everything could easily have turned out differently. As always in the story.
You can also find this episode on deja-vu-geschichte.de. You are very welcome to leave me a comment there, I would be happy to hear from you! And if you like the Déjà-vu story podcast, please subscribe to it in your podcatcher and rate it on iTunes! That helps me a lot to gain a bit of visibility in the big wide world of podcasts.
Links to the episode
- What do the locals eat in Tallinn
- What's new
- What are the good examples of polymorphism
- What is the resistance DC or AC
- How can a baby get torticollis
- What are the characteristics of demanding microorganisms
- What is Jet Interception
- What does vapor pressure of liquids mean?
- What kind of poetry got you excited?
- What are some interesting universe facts
- When was Honda founded?
- How big do Morgan horses normally get?
- Are female psychopaths female or male
- What is meant by a hematoma
- How was Bruce Lee as a person
- How do I keep my friendships forever
- User support cost formulas for SaaS applications
- How are wavelengths arranged
- What's my phone number
- Recommend steroids
- Who is Young Thug
- College psychologists take IQ tests
- Which idioms engineers usually use
- Where do I have to go to act
- Which rivers meet at the Bihar Ganges Yamuna
- How do free iOS apps make money
- Why is CPEC required
- Which wheels controls the steering wheel
- You need high quality Breitling replica watches
- What is Google PPC Advertising
- Why didn't the Mongols invade Finland?
- What distinguishes one DSP from the other
- You have to have what apps are