How do spray tans work
Healthy tan in 10 minutes? We tested the spray tanning shower!
A perfect tan in a high-tech version: This is what spray tanning - also known as "tanning shower" - promises. Our editor Jane tested the tanning shower in the Spa Cologne in Cologne.
Sure, self-tanners give us a dark complexion without endangering our health. But unfortunately it is enough to forget a small piece of skin when applying cream and the result does not look so nice anymore. This cannot happen with spray tanning. "The shower guarantees a uniform tan," promises tanning experting Martina Weinand from Spa Cologne.
Spray tanning: the principle
As with the classic self-tanners, the famous dihydroxy acetone (DHA) is the decisive active ingredient in the sun shower, which causes the protein keratin contained in our skin to turn darker.
In contrast to the solarium, tanning does not work with harmful UV rays. Therefore, this tanning method is completely harmless to the skin (provided you are not allergic to the ingredients).
This is how tanning works with spray tanning
Artificial sunbathing via spray tanning is carried out in an automatic shower cubicle. It is enough to press the start button to start the tanning spraying process.
Even if spray tanning is not harmful to your health, you need to take some precautions before a tanning session. Here are 7 things to consider when using spray tanning:
1. Gently exfoliate the skin beforehand to remove dead skin
2. Dry areas of skin such as the back of the hand should be thoroughly covered with a rich cream (will be provided in the studio)
3. Deodorant or makeup must be removed before spray tanning
4. You have to reckon with 6 hours until the skin is completely dry again after the tanning shower. You should therefore wear baggy, dark clothing as possible for a tanning session.
5. The products used in tanning also tan the hair: Don't forget to shave or epilate your legs before the session (at least 24 hours before!) And put on the protective hood for your head.
6. As with other self-tanning products, you can choose between different color nuances when tanning. If you are pale, choose a low level.
7. Since tanning is not a natural tanning process, the resulting tan does not protect the skin from the harmful side effects of UV rays. So don't forget to apply sunscreen before exposing your skin to the sun.
Editor Jane tests spray tanning: THAT is her experience!
"Spray tanning is ideal for very fair-skinned people like me, who just hear the word 'sunshine' and have the feeling that their skin is reddening. After all, we sun-sensitive people also want to look nice and crisp brown.
We hardly ever dare to leave the house without sun protection in summer and winter. But the desire for a tan doesn't stop at us and from experience I can say that after many a self-tanner test at home I looked more like a Dalmatian than a beach beauty.
With spray tanning in the tanning shower, you actually reach all parts of the body that should be tanned and there are no white areas that could be forgotten. First of all, as described above, you should urgently follow the guidelines (depilate, peel and cream!).
The spray nozzles are only attached to one side and automatically move up and down on a rail. Your spray tanning provider will certainly explain to you exactly how to position yourself in the shower. You will probably practice the sequence of movements beforehand.
You have your privacy during the spraying process, the room should be lockable. On the cabin floor there are numbers on which you position your feet. The device then gives you instructions from a loudspeaker that are very easy to follow.
During the spraying process on the face, be sure to close your eyes and breathe out through your nose better during this one second. Make sure to hold yourself upright to avoid unnecessary wrinkles. Lift your chin slightly upwards so that there are no streaks on the neck. "
One more little note from Jane:
"My problem areas during tanning are clearly my hands, because they are so incredibly dry. Here I have to start with a moisturizing cure days before a visit to the tanning shower. Because dry skin accepts the self-tanner particles more strongly and it does can also get stained. For many, for example, the elbows, knees, ankles or feet are the critical areas. To avoid stains, I personally use the pre-lotion offered in the spa particularly generously on my hands. "
These are the advantages of the tanning shower
Martina Weinand from Spa Cologne explains to us: "In contrast to a solarium or natural sunbathing, tanning is completely harmless to the skin. The spray method guarantees a uniform, whole-body tan in seconds". In addition, tanning is relatively inexpensive. A tanning treatment including aloe vera pre-treatment in the Spa Cologne costs 20 euros, for example.
How long does spray tanning keep your tan?
The bad news: Unfortunately, the tan effect quickly fades. After about a week or, if you shower several times a day, even after a few days, the tan wears off. But: For a special occasion (e.g. a wedding) or before your next vacation, spray tanning is definitely a great way to conjure up a quick tan!
- What are the indications for psychoanalysis
- Gatorade is decaffeinated
- How did you lose your virginity 7
- Is Divya Bharti overrated
- Is the earth a magnet 1
- How do I install Jenkins CI
- May I get your autograph
- Which football league has the most fans?
- What is SHIFT
- What does life in India mean
- Which symbol stands most for Kenya?
- What are gears and their function
- Why is atheism legal in theistic nations
- Have you ever been in true love
- Which is better Mozilla or Google Chrome
- What are the advantages of custom software
- What is Window RequestAnimationFrame
- Health administrators wear scrubs
- Why is LA popular
- What is the vagus nerve stimulator
- What are the best decks for Artifact
- How can I check my Friendster account?
- Makes online rummy real money