Programs science or art
Art and cables: Constructing, programming and designing in the FabLab for young people
The "FabLab mobil" project is a mobile maker workshop to convey a self-determined and creative use of media technology at the interface of analog-digital technology. In the form of extra-curricular media work, practical projects are offered throughout North Rhine-Westphalia in which the participating children and young people have access to the latest state-of-the-art technologies (3D printing / scanning, microcontrollers, sensors, analog and digital input / Output devices) to creatively and independently design and produce your own technical products.
The jfc Medienzentrum e.V. is a recognized provider of free youth welfare and is known as a specialist agency for child and youth media work through educational campaigns, advice, qualification and services in all media sectors as well as in fundamental questions of media education. With this wealth of practical experience and the Institute for Media Research and Media Education (IMM) at the Technical University of Cologne, the development and evaluation of communication methods and settings can now be carried out in a practice-related research project.
The central question is: What is the value of linking cultural education with media / technology? The concept of the FabLab is examined using qualitative research methods.
1) How does media education in the FabLab improve self-determined access to technology and stimulate productive, constructive media action?
2) To what extent does the setting, i.e. the workshop character, promote a playful, researching and experimental approach?
3) How is the access for technically distant & art-interested or technically interested & art-distant participants easier by integrating technology into artistic and creative contexts?
4) What influence does the FabLab mobile have on the reflective, critical use of technology?
A repertoire of media pedagogical methods - based on the combination of media pedagogical offers, cultural education and technical training in open learning spaces for a self-determined, creative use of media technology - will be developed, checked and published. The project is examined using qualitative empirical methods (participating observations, interviews, group discussions, artifact analyzes) and, if necessary, modified in the course of the process based on the results flowing back.
- What made you break up?
- How do you find a dance partner
- What training do police officers need
- How many pizza chains are there
- Ruined Seafoam spark plugs
- When does The Princess Bride take place
- What do Americans know about French literature?
- Are telecommunications engineers really engineers?
- How Can You Make Subliminals Work Faster?
- What is the h index
- How do I choose a weight bench?
- What is React Redux used for?
- How does the moon create a solar eclipse
- What are the causes of rumination
- How do crowdfunding websites make money
- What are icebergs
- How should I look at mental disorders
- Math can answer almost any question
- What is an underestimated advance in medicine
- Which companies sell or rent wedding signs
- Is it possible to befriend your crush?
- Germany exports its tanks
- What are the best resources for procurement
- There was cancer in ancient history
- How vertical multistage pump types work
- Is Soluto dead
- Is Antoine Griezmann underestimated?
- What is between analog and digital
- Why don't we see Hillary Clinton anymore
- What is Data Com in sales
- How cold is the water in space
- Mixture can be separated by physical means
- How does WPA3 provide better security