How dangerous is youthful idealism
Idealism alone is not enough
Fewer and fewer doctors are willing to treat drug addicts in their practices and offer them substitution therapy. Understandable: the patients are difficult, the payment is low and the legal requirements are strict. Many doctors are rightly afraid of constantly standing one foot in jail or being under fire in the local press.
Treating drug addicts takes a lot of idealism. Hats off to those who shoulder this task. Often residents have to remodel their practices, create separate entrances and set up two waiting rooms in order not to lose patients who do not want contact with addicts.
But how can you as a doctor help addicts and pull them out of the vicious circle of addiction and drug-related crime? Substitution therapy offers alone are not enough. Because more and more young people are not only dependent on heroin, many also consume coke, cannabis and alcohol.
Large outpatient addiction centers like the one proposed by the Stuttgart doctor Gisela Dahl could be a solution. Residents could treat addicts there outside of their practice - in a team with colleagues.
New ideas are needed. So far, all efforts to help drug addicts have left a fatal aftertaste: everything has only seemed to go in circles for years.
Also read:Offers for methadone patients are not enough
- A root device is good
- Is energy affected by gravity
- Which chain restaurant serves the best fries?
- What is working capital 3
- What is your modern definition of talent
- What is the best bolt finder
- Who is the biblical Saul
- Includes Office 365 Outlook
- What is the secret of the Giza pyramid
- What were Ronald Reagan's last words
- How do I stay like this forever
- How many YouTubers are there in Spain
- How do I edit with PicsArt
- What's your favorite series from the 1980s
- Why didn't my ex block me
- How is the work culture in SEBI
- Why do quantitative funds need human traders
- Why is enamel regeneration not possible?
- How many degrees of latitude are there
- What are some characteristics of punk music
- What can chamomile leaves be used for?
- When should I italicize titles
- What is the role of an understudy
- Are painful varicose veins dangerous