Has Charbagh station has cloakroom

Segovia

Start your trip with a suggested itinerary


   
DESCRIPTION

Segovia is a city in the autonomous region of Castile and León in Spain. It is the capital of the Segovia province.

   
HISTORY

The first mention of a settlement in what is now Segovia was a Celtic property. Control later passed into the hands of the Romans. The city is a possible site of the battle in 75 BC. BC, where Quintus Caecilius Metellus Pius triumphed over the Quintus Sertorius and Hirtuleius. Hirtuleius died in the fighting.
During Roman times, the settlement belonged to one of the numerous contemporary Latin monasteries. The city is believed to have been abandoned centuries later after the Islamic invasion of Spain. After the conquest of Toledo by Alfonso VI. From Leon and Castile, son of King Alfonso VI, Segovia was resettled with Christians from the north of the Iberian Peninsula and beyond the Pyrenees, giving it a significant sphere of influence whose borders crossed the Sierra de Guadarrama and the Tagus.
Segovia's position on trade routes made it an important trading center for wool and textiles. The end of the Middle Ages saw something of a golden age for

   
GEOGRAPHY

location
Segovia is located in the plains of Old Castile, near Valladolid and the Spanish capital Madrid.
Segovia is one of nine provinces that make up the autonomous region of Castile and Le & oacute; n form. Burgos and Valladolid are to the north, Aacute, Vila to the west, Madrid to the south and Soria to the east. The height of the province ranges from 750 meters in the extreme northwest to a maximum of 2,430 meters at the summit of Peñón de Alara in the Sierra de Guadarrama.
The city is on the main street of the Camino de Santiago de Madrid. climate
The climate is hot-summer Mediterranean (Csa in the Koeppen climate classification) near the borders of Csb and BSk, which result from the altitude and the distance from the coast. The average annual temperature is 12.42 ° C (54.4 ° F), with a minimum in December of minus 14 ° C (6.8 ° F) and a maximum in August of 39 ° C (102.2 ° F). Annual rainfall ranges from 400 to 500 mm per year

   
ARCHITECTURE

The architecture of Kuala Lumpur is a mixture of old colonial influences, Asian traditions, Malay-Islamic inspirations, modern and postmodern architecture. As it is a relatively young city compared to other Southeast Asian capitals like Bangkok, Jakarta and Manila, most of the colonial buildings of Kuala Lumpur were built in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. These buildings were designed in a number of styles- Mughal / Moorish Revival, Mock Tudor, Neo-Gothic or Greco-Spanish style or architecture. Most of the styling has been modified to use local resources and to adapt to the local climate, which is hot and humid all year round. A notable early architect is Arthur Benison Hubback, who designed a number of colonial buildings, including the Kuala Lumpur train station and the Jamek Mosque.
Before WWII, many shophouses, usually two floors, with functional shops on the ground floor and separate residences

   
WILDLIFE

American ecology is megadiverse: approximately 17,000 species of vascular plants are found in the contiguous United States and Alaska, and over 1,800 species of flowering plants are found in Hawaii, few of which are found on the mainland. The United States has 428 species of mammals, 784 species of birds, 311 species of reptiles, and 295 species of amphibians. About 91,000 species of insects have been described. The bald eagle is both the national bird and animal of the United States and an enduring symbol of the country itself.
There are 58 national parks and hundreds of other government-administered parks, forests, and wilderness areas. In total, the government owns around 28% of the country's area. Most of it is protected, although some are leased for oil and gas drilling, mining, logging, or ranching; About 0.86% is used for military purposes.
Environmental issues have been on the national agenda since 1970. Environmental controversies include debates over oil and nuclear energy

   
CULTURE

In China, the culture of the Cantonese people is a subset of the larger "southern" or "Lingnan" cultural areas. Notable aspects of Guangzhou's cultural heritage include:
The Guangzhou Opera House & amp; Symphony orchestras also perform Western classical music and Chinese compositions in their style. Cantonese music is a style of traditional Chinese instrumental music, while cantopop is the local form of rock and roll and pop music. Religion and Qing Period Guangzhou had around 124 religious pavilions, halls and temples. Today, in addition to the Buddhist association, Guangzhou also has a Taoist association, a Jewish community, and a history of Christianity and Islam. Daoism and Chinese folk religion are still represented in some of the city's temples. Among the most important is the Temple of the Five Immortals, which is said to honor the five immortals who are credited with introducing rice cultivation on the foundations of the city. The five rams they rode were said to have turned to stones upon their departure and gave the town some of its nicknames. Another place of worship is the City God Temple. Guangzhou, like most of southern China, is also attentive to ancestral worship at events such as the Tomb Sweeping and Ghost Festivals. Buddhism and Buddhism is the most famous religion in Guangzhou. Zhizhi Temple was founded in AD 233 from the estate of a Wu official; It is said to include the residence of Zhao Jiande, the last of the Nanyue kings, and has been known as the Guangxiao Temple ("Temple of Bright Branch Piety") since the Ming. The missionary Bodhidharma is said to have traditionally visited Panyu during the Liu Song or Liang Dynasty (5th or 6th century). Around AD 520, Emperor Wu of the Liang ordered the construction of Baozhuangyan Temple and Xilai Monastery to store the relics of Cambodian Buddhist saints who had been brought into the city and housed the monks who gathered there. The Baozhuangyan is known today as the Temple of the Six Banyan Trees, based on a famous poem that Su Shi composed after a visit during the Northern Song. The Xilai Monastery was renamed the Hualin Temple ("Flowery Forest Temple") after its reconstruction during the Qing. The temples were damaged by both the Republican Campaign to "Promote Temple Possession Education" (廟 產 興學) and the Maoist Cultural Revolution, but have been renovated since opening in the 1980s. The Ocean Banner Temple on Henan Island, once famous in the west as the only tourist spot in Guangzhou open to foreigners, has reopened as Hoi Tong Monastery. Christianity and Nestorian Christians first arrived in China via the Overland Silk Road. They suffered during persecution by Emperor Wuzong in 845 and were practically extinct by the year 1000. The Qing-era travel ban restricted missionaries until it was abolished after the First Opium War, although Protestant Robert Morrison did some work through his service with the British factory. The Catholic Archdiocese is located in Guangzhou's Sacred Heart Cathedral, also known as the "Stone House". A Gothic Revival building hand built from 1861 to 1888 under French leadership. Its original Latin and French stained glass windows were destroyed during the wars and during the Cultural Revolution. They have since been replaced by English ones. Canton Christian College (1888) and Hackett Medical College for Women (1902) were both founded by missionaries and are now part of Guangzhou's Lingnan. Interest in Christianity has increased since China opened up in the 1980s, but Guangzhou has maintained pressure on underground churches to avoid registration with government officials. Catholic Archbishop Dominic Tang was imprisoned without trial for 22 years, but his current successor is recognized by both the Vatican and the Chinese Patriotic Church. Islam

Guangzhou has had a Muslim community since the earliest days of Islam; the native or nativized followers of the faith are known as Hui. The Huaisheng Mosque is one of the oldest surviving mosques in the world, said to have been founded by the existing Arab community around the time of the Revelation of Muhammad or by Muhammad's uncle in 627. Muslims sacked the city in 758 and were massacred by the monks of the Chinese rebel Huang Chao in 878, along with the Jews, Christians and Parsis. The Muslims who opposed the Manchu conquest of the city are still honored by a national monument at the grave of the "Loyal Trio of Muslims". The modern city has numerous halal restaurants. Sports
The Guangzhou International Sports Arena with 18,000 seats will be one of the venues for the FIBA ​​Basketball World Cup 2019.
From November 12th to 27th, 2010, Guangzhou hosted the 16th Asian Games. That same year, the first Asian Para Games took place from December 12th to 19th, the largest sporting event the city has ever hosted.
Guangzhou also hosts the following major sporting events:
Current sports clubs based in Guangzhou include: SportsLigaAnimalClubStadiumFootballChinese Super League1stGuangzhou Evergrande TaobaoTianhe StadiumFootballChinese Super League1stGuangzhou R & amp; FYuexiushan StadiumBasketballChinese Basketball Association1stGuangzhou Long LionsTianhe High SchoolVolleyballChinese Volleyball League2ndGuangdong Evergrande Women's Volleyball ClubGuangzhou Sports University High SchoolBaseballChina Baseball League1stGuangdong LeopardsTianhe Sports Center Baseball Field
Guangzhou Evergrande FC has developed into a powerhouse in club football in the People's Republic of China in recent years, winning six national championship titles between 2011 and 2016. The team also won the AFC Champions League in 2013 and 2015. The club took part in the 2013 FIFA Club World Cup and lost 3-0 in the semi-finals to 13-year-old UEFA Champions League winners FC Bayern Munich.

   
ART

There are three art museums in Taos: Harwood Museum of Art, Taos Art Museum and Millicent Rogers Museum, which feature art from the Pueblo Indians, Taos Society of Artists, and modern and contemporary artists from the Taos Art Colony. The city has more than 80 art galleries, and there are several houses of the Taos Society of Artists.
There are several local performing arts venues in Taos. The Taos Center for the Arts (TCA) attracts nationally known and local artists to the Taos Community Auditorium. They also present independent film series. Three chamber music groups perform at TCA: Taos School of Music, Taos Chamber Music Group, and Music from Angel Fire. The Harwood Museum of Art is the venue for further performances and lectures. The Town of Taos Convention Center provides a venue for other local performances.
The Taos Talking Pictures Film Festival was a film festival that took place in the city from the mid 1990s to 2003. The main prize of the festival was 2 hectares of land.

   
PERFORMING ARTS

The Francis Winspear Center for Music opened in 1997 after years of planning and fundraising. It is called one of the acoustically perfect concert halls in Canada. It is home to the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and hosts a variety of shows each year. It has 1,932 guests and is home to the $ 3 million Davis Concert Organ, Canada's largest concert organ. Across Avenue 102 is the Citadel Theater, named after the Salvation Army Citadel where Joe Shoctor founded the Citadel Theater Company in 1965. Today it is one of the largest theater complexes in Canada with five halls, each specializing in different productions. In 2015, the Citadel Theater also became the Catalyst Theater. Located on the grounds of the University of Alberta is the 2,534-seater Jubilee Auditorium in Northern Alberta, which was renovated for over a year as part of the province's centenary in 2005. Both it and its southern twin in Calgary were constructed for the provincial golden jubilee in 1955 and have hosted many concerts, musicals, and ballets. The Edmonton Opera uses the anniversary as a base of operations. On the front of the building is a quote from the life of Augustus von Suetonius: "He found a city made of bricks. Left it built of marble.
The Old Strathcona neighborhood is home to the theater district, which is home to the ATB Financial Arts Barns (home of the Edmonton International Fringe Festival), the Walterdale Playhouse, and the Varscona Theater (base of operations for several theater groups, including Teatro) La Quindicina, Shadow Theater, Die-Nasty, Plane Jane Theater and Grindstone Theater!). Edmonton became Canada's Capital of Culture in 2007. The Edmonton Ukrainian Dnipro Ensemble, along with other Ukrainian choirs such as the Edmonton Ukrainian Male Chorus, help preserve Ukrainian musical culture within the parameters of Edmonton's Canadian multicultural identity.

   
MUSEUMS

MUCES
MUCES is the Spanish acronym for the Festival of European Films in the City of Segovia, an annual film festival that has been held in the city since 2006, mostly in November. It gives the general public an opportunity to experience high quality European cinema and, most importantly, it gives the general public the opportunity to see European films that have not yet been commercially tested in Spain but have been very successful with critics and audiences of their own Countries. "My cat lives in Segovia" is one of the films presented to the audience. Festival activitiesHoly Week
Segovia has 10 brotherhoods which are:

   
KITCHEN

Surrounded by lemon, orange, and olive groves, the city's culinary properties are rich and highly flavored, but not hot, with various preparations of Ras el Hanout (which means "head of the shop"), a mix of dozen of spices that Ashes contain berries, chilli, cinnamon, grains of paradise, monk's pepper, nutmeg and turmeric. A specialty of the city and the symbol of its cuisine is Tanjia Marrakshia, a local tagine made with beef, spices and smen and slowly cooked in a traditional oven on hot ashes. Tajines can be made with chicken, lamb, beef, or fish and add fruits, olives, and canned lemon, vegetables, and spices including cumin, paprika, saffron, turmeric, and ras el hanout. The dish is prepared in a tajin pot and cooked slowly with steam. Another version of tagine contains vegetables and chickpeas flavored with petals. Tajines can also be sprinkled with "Smen" Moroccan ghee, which has a taste similar to blue cheese.
Shrimp, chicken and lemon-filled briouats are another traditional Marrakech specialty. Rice is made with saffron, raisins, spices and almonds, while couscous has vegetables mixed in. A pastilla is a cake wrapped in filo, filled with chopped chicken or pigeon, made with almonds, cinnamon, spices and sugar. The harira soup in Marrakech typically consists of lamb with a mixture of chickpeas, lentils, vermicelli and tomato paste, seasoned with coriander, spices and parsley. Kefta (minced meat), liver in cr & eacute, pinette, merguez and tripe are often sold at the stalls in Jemaa el-Fnaa.
Marrakech desserts include chebakia (sesame spice biscuits usually prepared and served during Ramadan), tartlets made from filo pastry with dried fruit, or cheesecake with dates.
The Moroccan tea culture is practiced in Marrakech; Green tea with mint is served with sugar from a curved teapot into small glasses. Another popular soft drink is orange juice. Alcohol consumption was common among the Almoravids; Historically, hundreds of Jews produced and sold alcohol in the city. Alcohol is currently sold in some hotel bars and restaurants.

   
FESTIVAL

Festivals, both national and Islamic, are celebrated in Marrakech and across the country, and some of them are observed as national holidays. Major cultural festivals in Marrakech include the National Folklore Festival, the Festival of Folk Arts in Marrakech (which hosts a wide variety of famous Moroccan musicians and artists) and the Berber Festival. The Marrakech International Film Festival, which is said to be the North African version of the Cannes Film Festival, was founded in 2001. The festival, which annually presents over 100 films from around the world, has attracted Hollywood stars such as Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, Susan Sarandon, Jeremy Irons, Roman Polanski and many European, Arab and Indian film stars. The Marrakech Biennale was founded in 2004 by Vanessa Branson as a cultural festival in various disciplines, including visual arts, cinema, video, literature, performing arts and architecture.

   
RECREATION

The Taos Valley, Rio Grande and Taos Mountains offer many opportunities for recreation, such as fly fishing, horse riding, golf, hot air ballooning, llama trekking, rafting and mountain biking. The South Boundary Trail, east of the city, is considered the best mountain bike trail in New Mexico.
There are also numerous hot springs along the Rio Grande and in the Taos Mountains. Among them is a historic site called Stage Coach, which was used as a brothel in the times of the Old West. Nearby, the Cumbres & amp; Toltec Scenic Railroad offers a ride through the Toltec Gorge and Rocky Mountain passes on an authentic narrow-gauge steam train.
In winter, many people come to Taos to ski in the mountains. Nearby Wheeler Peak, at 4011 m, is the highest peak in New Mexico. The Taos area has four ski areas - Taos Ski Valley, Red River Ski Area, Sipapu (Ski Area) and Angel Fire Ski Area. Other winter activities include hot air balloon rides, horse riding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, ice skating, ice fishing, and snowmobiling. Excursions from Taos to the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, Tres Piedras, Toltec GorgeTaos Pueblo, Valdez, QuestaTaos Ski Valley, Wheeler Peak, Red RiverCarson National ForestAngel Feuer, Eagle Nest Taos Rancho de Taos, Ojo CalienteSipapu, Peñtilde; asco, Picuris PuebloSanta Fe National Forest

   
VACATION

Estonian National Day is Independence Day, which is celebrated on February 24th, the day the Estonian Declaration of Independence is published. As of 2013 there are 12 public holidays (which come with a day off) and 12 national holidays celebrated annually. Public Holidays in EstoniaDateNew Year's Day1 JanuaryIndependence Day24 FebruaryGood FridayMovableEasterowableMovableSpring Day1 MayPentecostmovableVictory Day23 JuneMidsummer Day24 JuneRestoration of Independence Day20 AugustChristmas Eve24 DecemberChristmas Day25 DecemberBoxing Day26 December

   
FASHION

The fashion and textile industries are the pillars of the Florentine economy. In the 15th century, Florentines worked with luxury textiles such as wool and silk. Today the greatest designers in Europe use the textile industry in Tuscany and especially in Florence.
Italy has one of the strongest textile industries in Europe, accounting for around a quarter of European production. The turnover is over 25 billion euros. It is the third largest clothing supplier after China and Japan. The Italian fashion industry generates 60% of its sales abroad.

   
SPORTS

Football clubs based in Marrakech include Najm de Marrakech, KAC Marrakech, Mouloudia de Marrakech and Chez Ali Club de Marrakech. The city includes the Circuit International Automobile Moulay El Hassan, a race track that hosts the World Touring Car Championship and, from 2017, the FIA ​​Formula E. The Marrakech Marathon is also held here. Around 5000 runners compete for the event every year. The Grand Prix Hassan II tennis tournament (on clay) of the ATP World Tour series takes place here too.
Golf is a popular sport in Marrakech. The city has three golf courses that are just outside the city limits and are played most of the year. The three main courses are the Golf de Amelikis on the road to Ourazazate, the Palmeraie Golf Palace near the Palmeraie and the Royal Golf Club, the oldest of the three golf courses.

   
MUSIC-

In the early days of the city, music was performed in churches and meetinghouses. Edmonton has a history of opera and classical music performance; Both genres have historically been supported by a large number of clubs and associations. Edmonton's first major radio station, CKUA, began broadcasting music in 1927. The city is a center for music education; The University of Alberta began its music department in 1945, and MacEwan University opened a jazz and musical theater program in 1980. Jazz, folk and classical music festivals are popular entertainment events in the city.
The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra has existed in various incarnations since 1913. In 1952, the Edmonton Philharmonic and Edmonton Pops Orchestra merged into a 60-piece modern version. The orchestra plays at the Francis Winspear Center for Music.
The city also has a lively popular music scene, spanning genres like hip-hop, reggae, R & amp; B, rock, pop, metal, punk, country and electronic. Notable past and present local musicians include Robert Goulet, Tommy Banks, Stu Davis, Duane Davis, Tim Feehan, Cadence Weapon, Kreesha Turner, The Smalls, SNFU, Social Security, Stereos, Ten Second Epic, Tupelo Honey, Mac DeMarco, Shout Out Get Out, Psyche, Purity Ring, The Wet Secrets and many others.

   
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS

Currently, tourism is the backbone of economic growth, which began in the early 2000s and attracts more than 1.2 million tourists annually. In 2002, the income Cusco received from tourism was $ 837 million. In 2009 that number rose to $ 2.47 billion.

   
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS

Parkland and surroundings
Edmonton's River Valley is the longest contiguous urban park in North America, and Edmonton has the highest per capita parking area in any Canadian city; The river valley is 22 times larger than Central Park in New York City. The river valley is home to a variety of parks, ranging from fully developed city parks to camping-like facilities with few amenities. This main green belt is supplemented by numerous neighborhood parks throughout the city, so that a total of 111 km of parking space is created. There are 11 lakes, 14 canyons, and 22 large parks within the 7,400-acre, 15-mile-long River Valley Park System, and most of the city has accessible biking and hiking trails. These trails are also part of the 235 km long Waskahegan Hiking Trail. The City of Edmonton has named five parks in its River Valley Parks System in honor of the "Famous Five".
Edmonton's streets and parklands also contain one of the largest remaining concentrations of healthy American elms in the world, unaffected by Dutch elm disease that wiped out large numbers of such trees in eastern North America. Jack pine, twist pine, white spruce, white birch, aspen, mountain ash, Amur maple, Russian olive, green ash, linden, various poplar and willow, flowering crabapple, Mayday tree and Manitoba maple are also abundant; Bur oak, silver maple, hawthorn, and Ohio horse chestnut are all growing in popularity. Other tree species introduced are white ash, blue spruce, norwegian maple, red oak, sugar maple, horse chestnut, McIntosh apple, and Evans cherry. Three types of walnuts & ndash; Butternut, Manchurian Walnut, and Black Walnut & ndash; survived in Edmonton.
Several golf courses, both public and private, are also located in the river valley; The long summer hours of daylight in this city in the north ensure an extended game from early morning until late in the evening. Golf courses and the parking system become a winter recreation area this season, and cross-country skiing and skating are popular during the long winter. There are also four downhill slopes in the river valley, two in the city and two just outside.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities for citizens to participate in the administration of Edmonton's parkland and river valley. Volunteer programs include River Valley clean-up, root for trees, and partner in parks. River Valley Clean-up hires volunteers to collect hundreds of bags of rubbish each year. Museums and galleries
There are many museums in Edmonton of various sizes. The largest is the Royal Alberta Museum (RAM), formerly known as the Provincial Museum of Alberta until it was renamed Alberta in honor of Queen Elizabeth II. The RAM houses over 10 million objects in its collection and shows the culture and practices of the various indigenous tribes of the region. The main building overlooking the river valley west of the city center in the Glenora district was opened in 1967 and is currently in the early stages of extensive renovation.
The Telus World of Science is located in the Woodcroft neighborhood northwest of the city center. It opened in 1984 and has expanded several times since then. It contains five permanent galleries, an additional gallery for temporary exhibitions, an IMAX theater, a planetarium, an observatory and an amateur radio station. The Edmonton Valley Zoo is located in the river valley southwest of the city center.
The Alberta Aviation Museum, located in a hangar at City Center Airport, was built for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan. The collection includes both civil and military aircraft, the largest of which are a Boeing 737 and two CF-101 Voodoos. It also has one of only 3 BOMARC missiles in Canada.
The Prince of Wales Armory Heritage Center is home to the Loyal Edmonton Regiment Military Museum. The museum is dedicated to preserving the military heritage and offerings of the people of Edmonton and Alberta. The museum has two galleries and several smaller exhibits. The collection includes historical firearms, uniforms, souvenirs, memorabilia, military equipment as well as a large photo and archive collection from the time before the First World War to the present. The museum features an exhibit on the role of the 49th Battalion, CEF, in Canada's Hundred Day Offensive. The Telephone Historical Center is a telephone museum also located in the Prince of Wales Armories Heritage Center. In addition to a collection of artifacts that record the history of the phone, the museum has its own theater with a short film directed by the robot Xeldon.
The Alberta Railway Museum is located in the rural northeast of the city. It contains a variety of locomotives and wagons from different eras and includes a working steam locomotive. Since most of its exhibits are outdoors, it is only open between Victoria Day and Labor Day.
Fort Edmonton Park, Canada's largest living history museum, is located in the river valley southwest of downtown. Edmonton's heritage is displayed through historic buildings (many of which are originals brought to the park), costumed historical performers, and authentic artifacts. Overall, it encompasses the history of the area from about 1795 to 1929 (represented by Fort Edmonton), followed chronologically by the streets of 1885, 1905, and 1920, and a replica of the mid-1920s. A steam train, trams, cars and horse-drawn carriages can be seen in operation (and used by the public) around the park. The John Walter Museum and Historical Area (circa 1875-1901) is on the Canadian Register of Historic Places. The University of Alberta operates its own internal service for museums and collections.
The Alberta Art Gallery (AGA) is the largest single gallery in the city. Once housed in an iconic Brutalism building by Don Bittorf in the 1970s, the AGA collection had over 5,000 works of art. The former AGA building was demolished in July 2007 to make way for the construction of a new facility designed by Randall Stout. It was estimated to cost over $ 88 million and the amount Edmonton City Council donated for its construction has met with some controversy. The AGA was officially opened on January 31, 2010. Independent galleries can be found across the city, particularly along the 124 Street / Jasper Avenue corridor known as the "Gallery Walk".

   
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS

The Jemaa el-Fnaa is one of the most famous squares in Africa and is the center of the city's activity and trade. It has been described as a "world-famous square", "a metaphorical urban icon, a bridge between past and present, as a place of (spectacular) Moroccan tradition that meets modernity". It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. The name means something like "the gathering of the intruders". Jemaa el-Fnaa was renovated along with much of the city of Marrakech, the walls of which were extended by Abu Yaqub Yusuf and especially by Yaqub al-Mansur in 1147-1158. The surrounding mosque, palace, hospital, parade ground and gardens around the market square were also renovated and the kasbah was fortified. As a result, Jemaa el-Fnaa went through phases of decline and renewal with the unsteady fortunes of the city. Historically, this place was used for public beheadings by rulers who tried to maintain their power by terrifying the public. The square attracted residents from the surrounding desert and mountains to trade, and stalls were set up in the square early in its history. The square drew artisans, snake charmers ("wild, dark, insane men with long disheveled hair that fell over their bare shoulders"), dancing boys of the Chleuh Atlas tribe, and musicians who played pipes, tambourines, and African drums. Richard Hamilton said Jemaa el-Fnaa once looked to Berber particularism, to backward-looking, poorly educated compatriots, and not to reformist, pan-Arab internationalism and the command economy that are the imagined future. Today the square attracts people from different social and ethnic backgrounds and tourists from all over the world. Snake charmers, acrobats, magicians, mystics, musicians, monkey trainers, herb sellers, storytellers, dentists, pickpockets and entertainers in medieval robes still populate the square. Souks
Marrakech has the largest traditional Berber market in Morocco and the image of the city is closely related to its souks. Paul Sullivan cites the souks as the city's main shopping attraction: "A honeycomb of narrow streets, this basic section of the old town is a micro-medina in itself, with a dizzying number of stalls and shops no larger than their kiosks an elf's cloakroom to the dingy shop fronts that turn into glitzy Aladdin's Caves once you're inside. ”Historically, the Marrakech souks were divided into retail spaces for certain goods such as leather, carpets, metalwork and pottery. These departments still exist in about, but with considerable overlap. Many of the souks sell items such as rugs and rugs, traditional Muslim clothing, leather bags and lanterns. Haggling is still a very important part of the souk's trade. One of the largest souks is Souk Semmarine which sells everything , from brightly colored bejeweled sandals and slippers and Leather buffers to jewelry and caftans. Souk Ableuh contains stalls specializing in lemons, chilies, capers, pickles, green, red and black olives and mint, a common ingredient in Moroccan cuisine and tea. Similarly, Souk Kchacha specializes in dried fruits and nuts, including dates, figs, walnuts, cashews, and apricots. Rahba Qedima contains stalls selling hand-woven baskets, natural fragrances, knitted hats, scarves, T-shirts, Ramadan tea, ginseng, and alligator and iguana skins. Criee Berbiere, to the northeast of this market, is known for its dark Berber carpets and rugs. Souk Siyyaghin is known for its jewelry, and nearby Souk Smata is known for its extensive collection of babouchen and belts. Souk Cherratine specializes in leather goods and Souk Belarif sells modern consumer goods. Souk Haddadine specializes in hardware and lanterns.
The Ensemble Artisanal is a state-organized cabaret that offers leather goods, textiles and carpets.In the workshop at the back of the complex, the young apprentices are taught a range of crafts. City walls and gates
The city walls of Marrakech, which stretch around 19 kilometers around the city's medina, were used as protective fortifications by the Almoravids in the 12th century. The walls are made of an orange-red clay and chalk, which gives the city its nickname "Red City". they stand up to 19 feet (5.8 m) tall and have 20 gates and 200 towers along them. Bab Agnaou was built in the 12th century during the Almohad dynasty. Like Gnaoua, the Berber name Agnaou refers to people of African origin south of the Sahara (cf. Akal-n-iguinawen, land of blacks). The gate was called Bab al Kohl (the word kohl also means "black") or Bab al Qsar (palace gate) in some historical sources. The corner pieces are decorated with floral decorations. This ornament is framed by three panels with an inscription from the Koran in Maghrebi - script using Kufic letters, which is also used in Al-Andalus. Bab Agnaou was renovated and its opening was reduced in size during the reign of Sultan Mohammed ben Abdallah. Bab Aghmat is to the east of the Jewish and Muslim cemeteries and is near the tomb of Ali ibn Yusuf. Bab Berrima with its massive towers stands near the Badi Palace. Bab er Robb (means "Gate of the Lord") is a southern one Exit from the city, near Bab Agnaou. Built in the 12th century, it provides road access to the mountain towns of Amizmiz and Asni. Bab el Kh & eacute; mis, located in the northeast corner of the medina, is one of the main gates to the city and has an artificial spring; the garden
The Menara Gardens are to the west of the city, at the gates of the Atlas Mountains. They were built around 1130 by the Almohad ruler Abd al-Mu'min. The name Menara is derived from the pavilion with its small green pyramid roof (Menzeh). The pavilion was built during the Saadi dynasty in the 16th century and renovated in 1869 by the Sultan Abderrahmane of Morocco, who stayed here during the summer.
The pavilion and a nearby artificial lake are surrounded by orchards and olive groves. The lake was created to irrigate the surrounding gardens and orchards using an elaborate system of underground channels called qanat. The basin is supplied with water by an old hydraulic system that transports water from the mountains, which are about 30 kilometers from Marrakech. There is also a small amphitheater and a symmetrical pool that shows movies. Carp can be seen in the pond.
The Majorelle Garden, on Avenue Yacoub el Mansour, was once the home of the landscape painter Jacques Majorelle. Famed designer Yves Saint Laurent bought and restored the property with a stele erected in his memory and the Museum of Islamic Art, housed in a dark blue building. Open to the public since 1947, the garden has a large collection of plants from five continents, including cacti, palm trees, and bamboo.
The Agdal Gardens, located south of the medina and also built in the 12th century, are royal orchards surrounded by palisades. The gardens are 400 acres and feature citrus, apricot, pomegranate, olive and cypress trees. Sultan Moulay Hassan's harem resided in the Dar Al Baida Pavilion, which was located in these gardens. This place is also known for its historic swimming pool where a sultan is believed to have drowned.
The Koutoubia Gardens are behind the Koutoubia Mosque. They have orange and palm trees and are frequented by storks. The Mamounia Gardens, which are more than 100 years old and named after Prince Moulay Mamoun, have olive and orange trees and a variety of flower arrangements. Palaces and riads
The city's historical wealth manifests itself in palaces, mansions, and other lavish residences. The most important palaces are the El Badi Palace, the Royal Palace and the Bahia Palace. Riads (Moroccan villas) are common in Marrakech. Based on the design of the Roman villa, they are characterized by an open central garden courtyard surrounded by high walls. This construction gave the residents privacy and reduced the temperature inside the building. The buildings worth seeing in the medina include Riad Argana, Riad Obry, Riad Enija, Riad El Mezouar, Riad El Riad, Riad Elixir, Riad Elixir, Riad Elixir, Riad Les Bougainvilliers, Dar Dar Foundouk, Dar Marzotto, Dar Darma and Riad Pinco Pallino . Other notable outside the medina include Ksar Char Bagh, Amanjena, Villa Maha, Dar Ahlam, Dar Alhind, and Dar Tayda. El Badi Palace
The El Badi Palace flanks the eastern side of the Kasbah. It was built by Saadian Sultan Ahmad al-Mansur after his success against the Portuguese in the Battle of the Three Kings in 1578. The elaborate palace, which took around a quarter of a century to build, was funded by compensation from the Portuguese and Africans for gold and sugar cane revenues. This enabled Carrara marble to be supplied from Italy and other materials from France, Spain and India. It's a larger version of the Alhambra's Court of the Lions. Although the palace is now in ruins with only a few remaining walls, the site became the site of the annual Marrakech Folklore Festival and other events. Royal palace
The Royal Palace, also known as Dar el-Makhzen, is located next to the Badi Palace. The Almohads built the palace in the 12th century on the site of their kasba, and it was partially rebuilt by the Saadians in the 16th century and the Alaouites in the 17th century. Historically, it was one of the palaces owned by the Moroccan king who hired some of the most talented artisans in the city to build it. The palace is not open to the public and is now privately owned by French businessman Dominique du Beldi. The rooms are large, with ceilings unusually high for Marrakech, with zellij (intricate geometric terracotta tiles covered with enamel) and cedar ceilings, Bahia Palace
The Bahia Palace, It is set in an extensive garden and was built at the end of the 19th century by the Grand Vizier of Marrakech, Si Ahmed ben Musa (Bou-Ahmed). Bou Ahmed resided here with his four wives, 24 concubines and many children. With a name that means "brilliance", it should be the largest palace of its time, designed to capture the essence of Islamic and Moroccan architectural styles. Bou-Ahmed paid special attention to the privacy of the palace and used architectural features such as multiple doors to prevent passers-by from looking inside. The palace took seven years to build, with hundreds of Fez craftsmen working on its wood, carved stucco and zellij. The palace is set in an 8,000 square meter garden with rooms that open onto courtyards. The palace earned a reputation for being one of the finest in Morocco and was the envy of other wealthy citizens. After Bou-Ahmed's death in 1900, the palace was raided by Sultan Abd al-Aziz, Mosques Koutoubia Mosque
Koutoubia Mosque is the largest mosque in the city, in the southwest medina district of Marrakech next to the square. It was completed under the rule of the Almohad caliph Yaqub al-Mansur (1184-1199) and has inspired other buildings such as the Giralda of Seville and the Hassan Tower of Rabat. The mosque is made of red stone and bricks and is 80 meters long and 60 meters wide. The minaret was designed to prevent a person at the top of the tower from seeing activity inside the king's harem. The Umayyad-style minaret is made of sandstone and is 77 meters high. It was originally covered in pink marrakshi plaster, but in the 1990s experts decided to remove the plaster of paris to reveal the original stone work. The spire on top of the minaret is decorated with gilded copper balls that taper towards the top, a style unique to Morocco; Ben Youssef Mosque and Ben Youssef Mosque, which is characterized by its green tile roof and minaret, are located in the medina and is Marrakech's oldest mosque. It was originally built in the 12th century by the Almoravid Sultan Ali ibn Yusuf in honor of Yusuf ibn Ali al-Sanhaji. When it was built it was the largest mosque in the city, but today it is half the size of what it was originally. It was rebuilt in the 1560s by Saadian Sultan Abdallah al-Ghalib as the original was falling into disrepair. He also built a madrasah with a large library next to the mosque, but it deteriorated over time, leaving only the 19th century mosque intact. The Almoravid Koubba Ba "adiyn", a two-story kiosk, was discovered in 1948 in a sunken place on the mosque. In the Moroccan architectural style, its arches on the first floor are cut out, while those on the second floor bear a twin horseshoe shape decorated with a turban motif. The dome of the kiosk is framed by a battlement decorated with arches and seven-pointed stars. The interior of the octagonal domed dome is adorned with characteristic carvings, which are framed by a Kufic frieze with the name of the patron saint, Sultan Ali ibn Yusuf. The quiches at the corners of the dome are covered with muqarnas. The kiosk has motifs of pine cones, palm trees and acanthus leaves, which are also reproduced in the Ben Youssef Madrasa. Mouassine mosque
The Mouassine Mosque (also known as the Al-Ashraf Mosque) was popularized by the Marinids in the 14th century through the Almohads. It is located in Mouassine and is part of the Mouassine complex, which includes a library, hammam, madrasa (school) and the Mouassine fountain, the largest and most important in the city. In a small square north of the mosque there is a triple-vaulted fountain of Saadian origin. It is decorated with geometric patterns and calligraphy.TombsSaidian tombs
The Saadian Tombs were built as a mausoleum in the 16th century to bury numerous Saadian rulers and entertainers. It was lost for many years until the French rediscovered it with aerial photographs in 1917. The mausoleum contains the corpses of about sixty members of the Saadi dynasty, who came from the valley of the Draa River. The tombs include the Saadian Sultan Ahmad al-Mansur and his family; al-Mansur buried his mother in this dynastic necropolis in 1590 after expanding the original square burial structure. It is located next to the south wall of the Almohad Mosque of the Kasba, in a cemetery that houses several graves of Mohammed's descendants. His own tomb, richly decorated with decorations, was modeled on the Nasrid mausoleum in Granada, Spain. The building consists of three rooms; the best known has a roof supported by twelve columns and encloses the tomb of al-Mansur's son. The room shows Islamic architecture with floral motifs, calligraphy, zellij and Carrara marble, and the stele is made of finely crafted cedar and stucco. Outside the building are a garden and the graves of the soldiers and servants.Tombs of the Seven Saints
The medina holds the tombs of the seven patron saints of Morocco, who are visited every year by pilgrims during the week-long Ziara pilgrimage. Tradition has it that these saints will only sleep and one day wake up to continue their good deeds. A pilgrimage to the tombs offers an alternative to the Hajj to Mecca and Medina for people in western Morocco who were unable to get to Arabia due to the arduous and expensive journey. The burial conjuration of the tombs is undertaken by believers in order to attain inner purity. This ritual is performed on Fridays in the following order: Sidi Yusuf ibn Ali Sanhaji, Sidi al-Qadi Iyyad al-Yahsubi, Sidi Bel Abbas, Sidi Mohamed ibn Sulayman al-Jazouli, Sidi Abdellaziz Tabba'a, Sidi Abdellah al-Ghazwani and finally Sidi Abderrahman al-Suhayli. The most important of the seven tombs is the shrine of Sidi Bel Abbas.Mellah
The Old Jewish Quarter (Mellah) is located in the Kasbah area of ​​the city's medina, east of Place des Ferblantiers. It was created in 1558 by the Saadians on the site where the sultan's posts used to be. At that time, the Jewish community consisted of a large part of the city's bankers, jewelers, metal workers, tailors, and sugar traders. During the 16th century the mellah had its own fountains, gardens, synagogues and souks. Until the arrival of the French in 1912, Jews could not own any property outside of the mellah; all growth was consequently contained within the confines of the neighborhood, resulting in narrow streets, small shops, and taller apartment buildings. The Mellah, which is now being transformed into a residential area mainly renamed Hay Essalam, currently occupies an area that is smaller than its historical borders and has an almost exclusively Muslim population. The Alzama Synagogue, built around a central courtyard, is located in the Mellah. The Jewish cemetery here is the largest of its kind in Morocco. The cemetery, which is dominated by whitewashed graves and sand graves, is located in the medina on the land that borders the Mellah. Hotels
As one of the most important tourist cities in Africa, Marrakech has 400 hotels. The Mamounia Hotel is a five-star Moroccan Art Deco style hotel built in 1925 by Henri Prost and A. Marchis. It is considered the most important hotel in the city and has been referred to as the "Grand Dame of Marrakech Hotels". The hotel has hosted numerous international celebrities including Winston Churchill, Prince Charles of Wales and Mick Jagger. Churchill used to relax and paint in the hotel gardens. The hotel with 231 rooms and a casino was renovated in 1986 and 2007 by the French designer Jacques Garcia. Other hotels include Eden Andalou Hotel, Marrakech Hotel, Sofitel Marrakech, Palm Plaza Hotel & amp; Spa, Royal Mirage Hotel, Piscina del Hotel and Palmeraie Golf Palace. In March 2012, Accor opened its first Pullman hotel in Marrakech, the Pullman Marrakech Palmeraie Resort & amp; Spa. Located in 17 hectares of olive groves in La Palmeraie, the hotel has 252 rooms, 16 suites, six restaurants and a 535 square meter conference room.

   
TRANSPORT

aviation
Edmonton is a major air gateway to northern Alberta and northern Canada. Edmonton International Airport (EIA) is the city's main airport.
The EIA provides passenger services to destinations in the United States, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean. The EIA is located in Leduc County, adjacent to Leduc City and the Nisku Industrial Business Park. With direct air distances from Edmonton to places like London in Europe that are shorter than other major airports in western North America, Edmonton Airports is working to establish a major container shipping hub called Port Alberta, with Rail and Edmonton serving as a major hub for the Canadian National Railway, whose North American Operations Management Center is located in their Edmonton offices. It is also part of the Canadian Pacific Railway network, which runs south from Calgary and extends northeast of Edmonton to serve Alberta's Industrial Heartland.
Inter-city rail transportation is provided by the first Via Rail, the Canadians, as it travels between Vancouver, British Columbia and Toronto, Ontario. Passenger trains stop at Edmonton Railway Station in both directions three days a week. The train connects Edmonton with multiple stops in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Public transportation
The Edmonton Transit System (ETS) is the city's public transit company and operates the Edmonton Light Rail Transit (LRT) line as well as a fleet of buses. About a third of the people in the Edmonton Capital Region (mostly Edmonton) use ETS per day (354,440 out of 1,034,945). There are around 280,000 ETS bus drivers per day.
From the 1990s to early 2009, Edmonton was one of two cities in Canada that still operated trolleybuses along with Vancouver. On June 18, 2008, the City Council decided to abandon the Edmonton trolleybus system, and the last trolleybus ran on May 2, 2009.
Scheduled LRT service began on April 23, 1978, with five extensions of the single line since then completed. The original Edmonton line is believed to be the first "modern" light rail line in North America (i.e. built from scratch rather than an upgrade of an old system). It introduced the use of Germany-designed vehicles that would later become the standard light rail vehicle in the United States. Edmonton's "proof of payment" tariff system, adopted in 1980, modeled on European ticketing systems - became the preferred approach of the North American transit industry for subsequent light rail projects. The four-year South LRT expansion fully opened on April 24, 2010. Trains go to Century Park (located at 23 Avenue and 111 Street) and stop at the South Campus and Southgate Center.A line to the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in north-central Edmonton with the same high-floor technology of the existing system opened September 6, 2015. Edmonton is also expanding the LRT to Mill Woods (in the southeast) by 2020 and Lewis Farms (in the west) thereafter using low floor technology. Roads - A largely knurled system makes up most of Edmonton's roads and streets. The address system is mostly numbered, with streets running south to north and avenues running east to west. In settlement areas that have been built since the 1950s, local roads and major traffic routes generally do not conform to the grid system. Major roads include Kingsway, Yellowhead Trail (Highway 16), Whitemud Drive, and Anthony Henday Drive, and the city is with other parishes in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan via the Yellowhead Highway to the west and east and Highway 2 (Queen Elizabeth II Highway) to the south. Road system
There is an extensive system of reusable bicycles and pedestrians throughout the city; Most of it, however, is within the River Valley Parkland System.

   
RAIL

The Marrakech train station is connected by several trains with other major cities in Morocco such as Casablanca, Tangier, Fez, Meknes and Rabat. A modern high-speed rail system is planned.
A tram will be proposed in 2015.

   
AIR

Marrakech-Menara Airport (RAK) is 3 km (3 km) southwest of the city center. It is an international facility that receives several European flights as well as flights from Casablanca and several Arab nations. The airport is located at an altitude of 471 meters (1,545 ft) at 31 °. 36 ' 25 & Prime; N 008 ° 02 & Prime; W / 31.60694 ° N 8.03639 ° W / 31.60694; -8.03639. It has two formal passenger terminals, but they are more or less combined into one large terminal. A third terminal is being built. The existing T1 and T2 terminals offer an area of ​​42,000 m and have a capacity of 4.5 million passengers per year. The paved runway is 4.5 km long and 45 m wide. The airport has parking spaces for 14 Boeing 737s and four Boeing 747s. The separate freight terminal has 340 m of covered area.

   
BIODIVERSITY

The diversity of the geological basis, the landscape, the climate and the soil as well as the position of Montenegro on the Balkan Peninsula and the Adriatic created the conditions for a high level of biological diversity and made Montenegro one of the "hot spots" of European and global biodiversity. The number of species per unit area index in Montenegro is 0.837, which is the highest index in any European country