What are the main export goods from Kuwait
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
Germany enjoys a great reputation in Kuwait as an important political and economic force in Europe and as a country with traditionally good relations with the Arab world. Numerous visits by top German politicians to Kuwait in recent years are evidence of this. Foreign Minister Maas also signed a declaration of intent in December 2018 to further expand bilateral relations.
Germany is by far Kuwait’s most important EU trading partner and in 2019 was fifth behind China, the USA, the United Arab Emirates and Japan in terms of Kuwaiti imports with an amount of around EUR 1.4 billion. The main export goods were cars and car parts, machines, electrical equipment, pharmaceuticals and similar products. German imports from Kuwait were only EUR 77.6 million in 2019. The extensive state investments from Kuwait in Germany amount to around EUR 17.4 billion. Kuwait is involved in well-known German companies (including Daimler AG and GEA). In addition, there are private investments (e.g. Weinig AG and Ricosta) amounting to around EUR 14.6 billion. The Joint Economic Commission, which last met for the fifth time in 2017, is an important forum for expanding economic cooperation.
The bilateral cultural agreement that came into force in 1989 forms the framework for cultural cooperation. There are university collaborations with the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf, the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main and the University of Mannheim. A consulting project in the field of waste disposal between the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and the Kuwaiti Environmental Public Authority (EPA) has been running since 2017.
The German school remained closed after the Iraqi invasion (1990/91). An American-German school opened in autumn 2016, teaching in English, German and Arabic according to the US curriculum. There is also a kindergarten at the school. The children of German company employees and experts are also particularly dependent on international schools based on the British, American or French system. The British School of Kuwait has been part of the “Schools - Partners of the Future (PASCH)” network since 2009 and offers German lessons from year 5 onwards.
This text represents basic information. It is updated regularly. No guarantee can be given for the correctness and completeness of the information.
- Diabetes why does it cause nerve damage
- What is your motivation to stay clean
- How big is the pharmaceutical industry
- Why is a mega-quake of strength 20 impossible
- Lipo 6 is an effective fat burner
- How can a star fruit kill you
- What are some old TV sitcoms
- Successful people hesitate
- Why is the Burj Khalifa important
- How can I design my own projects
- How much is little sleep
- Ibuprofen will take stunt growth
- What is half of frac 101 101
- How competitive is HarmonyOS from Huawei
- Why is Joe Biden considered a Republican
- School teachers are just babysitters
- What do Israelis love most?
- Why are medical students depressed
- What is diclofenac
- What makes a good cosplay costume
- What is a picture first
- Who taught John Lennon to play the harmonica
- How is Amaysim so cheap
- We can do it after the 10th website design
- Why do automotive companies go bankrupt more easily?
- Which app is best for medical mnemonics
- What allows the FTC to impose fines?
- Use Quora for Android more data
- How do moving companies sell homes
- What egg liqueur is made of
- College psychologists take IQ tests
- Is spintronics necessary for quantum computing?
- Do you believe in marriage after death?