What are the principles of developmental biology
Current Developmental Biology (6 C, 4 SWS) [M.Bio.392]
Learning objectives / competencies:
In-depth knowledge of theoretical principles of developmental genetics, developmental biochemistry and developmental biology as well as the methodology for the analysis of morphogenetic and pattern formation processes. Understanding of the methods used to determine the function of developmental genes and the manipulation of embryos. Knowledge of databases for in silico sequence analysis and model system-specific databases. Basic insights into the evolution of development processes.
In-depth knowledge of the principles of developmental genetics, developmental biochemistry and developmental biology, in particular of morphogenetic and pattern formation processes with a focus on signal cascades and genetic networks that control developmental processes. Understanding the methods for identifying, analyzing and manipulating the function of developmental genes and development processes. Knowledge of different model systems and their respective strengths and disadvantages. Application of this knowledge to new scientific questions.
1st lecture: Developmental Genetics, Developmental Biochemistry, and Developmental Biology (2 SWS)
2nd tutorial: Exercises and deepening of the lecture content (1 SWS)
3rd seminar: Current topics in developmental biology (1 SWS)
Seminar presentation on publication (approx. 20 min)
Module exam: Written exam (90 minutes)
Cannot be taken in combination with the key competence module M.Bio.321 or M.Bio.393.
Frequency of offers
Every winter semester
The module can be completed in one semester.
Maximum number of students
Prof. Dr. Ernst A. Wimmer
- Gabapentin is a powerful medicine
- What are the characteristics of the 60s
- Who are the most charismatic mathematicians
- What are the best massively multiplayer games
- What does the UML diagram capture
- In which language is KSP programmed
- Which country is better Jamaica or Trinidad
- Which wine meters are there in Ireland?
- How big are the teeth of the dinosaurs
- There could be another universe
- Why didn't the Mongols invade Finland?
- Where can I find web designers
- Why is my cursor not working
- How can you properly practice Kundalini Yoga
- How do microwaves contain microwave radiation
- How big is Facebook
- Can Chronicled replace the supply chain
- Have copyrighted sheet music
- Avoidance can be good
- What is the feeling of being uplifted
- How much do you like Linkin Park
- Why did Ahmed Patel meet Nitin Gadkari
- MyWOT com got hacked today
- What are cognitive schemas