Have you ever turned down a salary bonus?
Should I contribute to a 401k with a vesting schedule?
Math - Half the game is 3% or $ 3900. After 5 years, $ 19,500.
If you stay, you are vested and have an additional $ 20,000 (I hope it's actually way more). For you it is like a 2 month salary bonus after 5 years.
If you leave early, the good news is that even if the expenses weren't huge within the plan, you will have the money you invested along with what was previously vested. You move that to an IRA and choose your own frugal funds or ETFs.
For me (as Duff said there is no answer, to be clear, this is my feeling or preference, not the gospel) 6% is far too little to be saved as a percentage of my income. So if the 401 (k) fees were 0.8% or more, for example, I would use the 6% to get the potential match and then save on the side.
Our answers may change slightly depending on the exact fees you face.
- What is better programming or animation
- What should a good translation tool have
- Why do we need the scriptures
- Should I choose Carnegie Mellon or Vanderbilt
- What is your favorite green cabbage salad recipe
- Is it worth trying hypnotherapy
- Why does coal still get subsidies?
- Can water vapor behave like an ideal gas
- Is Python the new Java
- Helps drinking water lose weight
- Is the wording correct in English these days?
- Why do traffic lights rarely fail?
- Can Satan be proven
- Who gives annual festival information
- What should you not believe about the Caribbean?
- Is Ericsson a good place to work
- Are there community guidelines for Quora?
- How many English words do J.
- How is Hostel Paari in SRM
- What would Google make more popular
- What causes arterial plaque to loosen
- When was there no technology?
- How accurate is an M4 rifle
- Will Quora ever sell loans for money?
- Our civilization is in decline
- What are merciless killings
- Rey is a product of the Midichlorians
- Curly hair is unprofessional
- Which computer can produce the largest number
- What is the country code for Liechtenstein?
- Which is better outdoor or indoor paintball
- What is Chris Rea's most successful song
- Really loved Jim Hutton Freddie Mercury