What does a peeled lemon look like
Make candied lemon yourself - recipe
The recipe comes from the Tyrolean cookbook "And stir a pahr Vatter Unßer lang" by Edition Raetia.
Tyrolean cookbook: "And stir a few Our Father Long"
Ingredients for candied lemon peel
5-10 untreated thick-fleshed lemons - optionally bitter oranges
70 g of sugar
4 tbsp water
Preparation of candied lemon peel
Peel the peel of the lemons thinly with a very sharp knife. Then cut them into fine, thin threads.
Optionally, this can be simplified with a zest cutter. With our pointed Opinel knife, peeling went really well and the pieces are quickly cut into narrow strips. The shells should remain about 3mm thick.
Now put the strips in boiling water and blanch for about 2 minutes.
Drain, dry briefly.
Boil a syrupy brew from sugar and water.
Put the zest in a saucepan, pour the stock over it - simmer for another 6-8 minutes on a low flame so that the liquid evaporates.
What remains is a jam-syrup-like mass that can be used wonderfully on ice cream, bundt cake or other desserts.
Especially for the Christmas season, this is a wonderful ingredient that is very easy to prepare.
Have fun copying!
You can find more recipe ideas with lemons and limes at
→ Make your own ginger liqueur
→ For cold evenings: vodka with lemon
→ Kochendörfer's lime lemonade | Pontresina's confectioner reveals his recipe
- What do lemon trees look like
- What do Russians think of the occupation of Ukraine?
- Why do radio stations change the format overnight
- Can people be good without a motive
- What is better programming or animation
- How important is the origin of a painting
- Was or is Japan an empire
- What is the communist manifesto
- Do you know someone who has used thalidomide?
- What is the HCG Diet
- Is QLED better than LED
- What is the secret of the Giza pyramid
- What is molecular energy transport
- How can a Lao citizen visit America
- Is Jack Nicholson retired
- What is an underestimated advance in medicine
- Where can I buy Dragon Skin Armor
- What is the tax bracket for 2018
- How much money does Disneyland earn
- Is it safe to delete DLL files?
- You can create a website with Scratch
- Difference between hydraulic and mechanical brakes
- What's your go-to bass bait
- Data sets for retail
- People are still buying MP3 players
- Used car oil is poisonous
- Why do meteorologists use weather maps
- Is eClerx a good company
- What makes a disabled person feel stronger
- How are the largest heads formed?
- How does the genitive arise in Swedish
- Are Indians crazy or passionate about cricket?
- Use flipkart SAP hybris
- Why do certain feelings never go away?