How can the coast erosion be stopped?
Water erodes the coast.
The sea is constantly transporting clay and sand away from the beach. The coastline shifts inland at a rate of 1-2 m per year.
The erosion is the result of the action of wind and precipitation. When it rains, the rainwater seeps into the sand until it reaches the thick layer of clay. Then it flows on the clay surface towards the coast, where it finally trickles out of the cliff halfway up.
It is expected that global warming will cause more powerful storms in the future and thus accelerate coastal erosion.
Various methods have been proposed to contain coastal erosion:
The drainage of the cliffs would slow down the above-mentioned process and would probably be an effective coastal protection.
Groynes and breakwaters would also likely be effective, as seen off Lønstrup. Especially if you add sand to the beach behind the groynes every year. In Lønstrup, 20,000-30,000m3 are added per year.
Burying of pipelines on the beach surface (pressure equalization tubes). This method was tested during a trial period on part of the coastal stretch. Their effect is highly controversial. A report on the future of this method was announced for spring 2008.
In the short term, coastal protection would have both advantages and disadvantages.
- What is the curriculum for OCJP 8
- For whom is engineering physics best suited?
- What types of fumigation processes are there
- Which is your favorite street in Pune
- Which topics do you feel most strongly about?
- Why is Audie Murphy considered a heroine
- What are some amazing science related wallpapers
- What is another word for the memory of the past
- What can I do with my poetry
- Can I use my headphones while working with the wood?
- A movie-style zombie outbreak is possible
- Who is Spinoza's god
- What are some of the biggest hits of apples
- How many chords and scales are there actually?
- What's the best poker HUD
- Do I need life insurance after retirement?
- What are some interesting Chinese customs
- Which country has the most enchanting history
- Why didn't my ex block me
- What is special about the film 300
- Why do weak executives create complexity
- Which football league has the most fans?
- Why do schools have compulsory ESL lessons
- Works 5 2 weight loss
- Why is Islam such a hateful religion
- Which is the most emotional film
- Counts manga as a graphic novel
- What are the scholarship criteria for NTSE
- Contains starburst pork by-products
- Why is jazz music so bad
- What are the reasons for studying sociology?
- Which famous personal grave have you visited?
- How do you burglar in chess time