Why do Ikea furniture always break
When someone finally leaves, or, as in this case, is left, only then do the memories of the shared moments usually come back. How it, sometimes dry, sometimes streaked with rainwater, sometimes torn on the sides, stuck in the mailbox slot, where it was difficult to get it out again. How he wandered across the dormitory for two weeks, room by room, and after a week he was pretty much exhausted. Its "range", as one would say today, could be limitless, back then before Corona. But sometimes there were whole piles of him lying on the street corner somewhere. Left there, just like that. And then you opened the door again and he was fresh and lonely on the mat. The Ikea catalog.
His stories were about a better life in beautiful, light-flooded rooms, which sometimes looked like Villa Kunterbunt, but sometimes also looked like an old building in Hamburg-Eppendorf. In any case, many old friends lived in it, the Billy shelf, of course, or the Klippan sofa, the Sinnerlig hanging lamp, and Billy's friend, the Fjälkinge drawer shelf and Grondal, the rocking chair. Braided with a hint of vintage. A few years ago the late literary critic Hellmuth Karasek took on the catalog, it was of course a clever publicity stunt. But with a worldwide circulation of over 200 million copies, a review was probably also inevitable (other titles are discussed with far lower circulation, and there are no rocking chairs or sofas). Karasek aptly called the Ikea catalog a "furnished novel", presumably it was a literary genre that had hitherto been underexposed in public reception.
The reviewer did not like the fact that the literary ego used the reader with confidence. His final verdict: One could accuse the Ikea book "for having more pictures than people. It tells a lot, but it is, so to speak, full of objects". But that is exactly what - the conspiratorial addressing of readers, the largely avoidance of longer text passages, the aesthetically demanding stories about Billy and Klippan - have made the catalog so successful for 70 years. The successful title is now being discontinued, and sensitive observers had already suspected it. In the end, some said, there were fewer and fewer books lying around in the airy rooms, instead more decorations, plates, vases, knick-knacks of all kinds. Had a furnishing catalog here already wanted to announce its own end? Hidden, discreet and quiet, a message only for the initiated?
The question remains: why? Why, when things went so well with this catalog and the company that distributed it over the years?
The company visibly struggled for words to explain itself on Monday. The Ikea catalog has "developed into a real classic and an important success factor for the company over the past 70 years," writes Ikea in a press release. However, the furniture seller has "become more digital in the meantime" and has "found new ways to reach people" because - and here it comes: "Customer behavior and media consumption have changed and the Ikea catalog has been used less and less. " How things will continue is obvious: they have now decided to "open a new chapter". Open a new chapter after all these years? The catalog should live on, in a place where new chapters are no longer opened, but only clicked on - on the Internet. Incidentally, all old catalogs from 1950 to the present day are archived here - you can click them again.
- What is the maximum grant for articles
- What moved New England's colonial economy
- Confederate memorials will be removed from Gettysburg
- Are all acidic compounds
- Crabs can regrow their claws
- Can newborns be neurotic
- Criminal behavior is influenced by intelligence agencies
- How was rape seen in medieval Europe?
- How many bands are required in IELTS
- Why do children produce new neurons
- How is Zach Galifianakis personally
- Will Quora ever sell loans for money?
- Dreams are more than just ideas
- How can photosynthesis provide renewable energy sources
- How bad is wisdom toothache
- What's the best movie soundtrack
- How do knobs grow on trees
- How is the structure of the AES
- How many steps are there in the Golconda Fort
- Why do birds migrate and why animals hibernate?
- Can I buy Sony PlayStation 4 online?
- Has anyone ever experienced inner peace
- Which parts of the Kiips model are more proprietary
- Which category will Huawei do next?