Cleaning nerite snails aquatic stem plants
Are underwater snails strictly bound to "under" water?
I recently bought a small aquarium and stocked it with live plants to create a natural environment.
I haven't filled the tank with fish at the moment, but I've noticed some tiny snails. They must have been attached to the plants and I'll be fine with them now. What worries me a little is whether these snails out survive the water? I'm just watching one move closer and closer to the top of the tank where there is a little gap that air lines etc. can pass through.
Is it likely that these snails will venture out of the water into my room and survive to tell the story?
Can snails found in aquariums survive without water?
Update: snail breaks the water.
What I have gathered from analyzing the comments is that bladder snails (identified as the species in question) can go above the waterline along with other species, however usually return to the water by itself.
From what I've found elsewhere on the internet, they do this to feed or lay eggs, or just to get out of the water when the quality is particularly poor (more likely when all Snails out of the water are what it seems at the moment). Another reason I found is that some species of water snails use the lungs to breathe - and that's why they just go to the surface to do so!
But generally speaking, the snails return to the water on their own!
- How do I heal my pimple
- Which pet looks cute?
- Do you know my hometown
- What's the best NFL logo
- Who was the worst person ever
- Christianity advocates racism
- How can I find out more about myself
- What does an escalator cost
- Is 510 7 179 75cm tall
- What is Fardeen Khan doing these days
- Which is better SPS or IOT
- Who is Alfred Pennyworth DC
- Does the law of nature rule human behavior
- What is colic abdominal pain
- Who is an expert in programming
- Variations of SVM
- Why is finance a good major
- What is the difference between the rich and the poor?
- Which companies sell or rent wedding signs
- Can i have new friends
- Can biological threats wipe out humanity?
- How strong is your parent's relationship
- What does P mean for ammunition
- Are anxiety and depression related?