How do you market a webshop
Create an online shop and successfully market it
From a technical point of view, it has never been easier to find one Online shop to create. Numerous providers of shop software deliver products in attractive designs and flexible functionalities, are easy to use and can be optimally adapted to your needs. In addition to the technical side, there are other important factors to consider when opening an online shop. Take the time to first study the topic intensively E-commerce to deal with. Get the necessary specialist knowledge to successfully create and operate your online shop. Do not underestimate the competition: Think about which products are really suitable for an online shop, how you want to present them and what your USP is to attract customers to your online shop. Plan the costs and effort required to generate sufficient sales and cover your costs. As a founder, you know what is important: Before you decide on a shop system, create a business plan for your online store in order to get started successfully in online trading.
The development of online trading in Germany
Online trading in Germany is booming. According to Statista's Digital Market Outlook, the number of Online buyers in Germany will rise to over 71 million by 2024. In 2019, almost 60 million euros were raised in the Online trade, the E-commerce, implemented. The segments with the highest sales include clothing, electronics and telecommunications products. According to an estimate by the Federal Association of E-Commerce and Mail Order (bevh) and the German Retail Association (HDE), gross sales with goods in e-commerce in 2019 already amounted to around 72.6 billion euros. The preferred Payment methods Paypal or similar payment services are used for online shopping, followed by purchase on account and direct debit. 2019 also became more and more common Mobile purchases via smartphone made.
What customers want: What do you have to consider in order to create your online shop?
So it's no wonder that companies open an online shop to offer their products in addition to brick-and-mortar retail or even exclusively there. In order to benefit from this trend, first of all get an idea of the expectations of your customers for a satisfying online shopping experience. You can also benefit from the experience of other shop operators when creating your own online shop.
The first impression is crucial so that potential buyers stay in your online shop. Without an appealing, professional design, which gives a clear and well-arranged overall impression and fits your products, a visitor is quickly gone again. Most operators offer ready-made templates with which you can create and design your own webshop relatively quickly and easily. If you are already on the move in stationary retail, you will of course have to create your online shop in your corporate design. In addition to a user-friendly start page and short navigation paths, the presentation of your products with high-resolution photos and a detailed product description is crucial. If you use the manufacturer's product images and texts, you are losing decisive advantages. It is better to have your own pictures: both of the products themselves and of their use. The same applies to texts: individually written, detailed product descriptions stand out from the crowd. In addition, you have the option of optimizing your content with SEO measures for both the texts and the images. Around Traffic through search engines You don't necessarily have to be an SEO professional to generate, but you should at least deal with the basics and SEO especially in the initial phase as Inexpensive alternative to online advertising to use.
Programming the online shop
Customers rely on independent reviews on the Internet and often search specifically for them before deciding on a provider. So you need Product reviews Your buyer, to instill trust with other visitors. Therefore, offer corresponding functions that enable your customers to rate products or their shopping experience in your online shop in order to build up a successful online trade.
Simple navigation, good user guidance and fast loading times
Make it as easy as possible for your customers to find their way around. A well thought out one structure, which can also be expanded over time, forms the basis for the clarity of your online shop. In addition to simple navigation and user guidance, you can also use it to structure your online shop Product category, filter or search functions use. Here comes the Loading time in the game. Today, high-speed internet is a matter of course: If it takes too long for your online shop to set up or for the search to produce a result, the customer will quickly jump off again.
Also, be careful not to overload your pages. Focus clearly on the key functions that lead your customers to a purchase. Buttons that ask for a specific action (call to action) For example, to put an item in the shopping cart, to checkout or to order for a fee, your customers have to catch the eye with a single glance.
Payment process and payment methods
The preferred Payment methods Buyers in online shops are PayPal, purchase on account, direct debit and credit cards. To avoid customers canceling their purchase at the checkout because your online shop does not support their preferred payment method, offer multiple payment options at. Fees apply for payments via PayPal and credit card payments. When buying on account, the risk initially lies with you as the retailer. You can easily process the direct debit via your business account. You don't have to offer every available option. A precise analysis of your target group will help you to determine the payment methods that are relevant for your online shop.
In the payment process, too, it is important to make it as easy as possible for the buyer. You are free to offer registered customers benefits. You don't want to force potential buyers to sign up, though. Only ask for the information that is actually relevant to the sales, payment and shipping process.
Amazon and Co sometimes offer their customers delivery on the same day. You don't necessarily have to keep up with this pace, but you should still try to be able to deliver as quickly as possible. Clear communication about delivery times and the ability to track deliveries will also help you here.
Again, it is true that you do not necessarily have to offer all options and shipping service providers, but you should still offer your customers different shipping options:
- Shipping via common parcel service providers such as DHL, Hermes, GLS, DPD or UPS
- Delivery to packing stations
- Pick-up on site if you also sell your products in brick-and-mortar stores
The costs for shipping can vary depending on what kind of products you are selling with the different service providers. Therefore, find out exactly which shipping option is the cheapest. In the best case, you can even offer your customers free shipping and thus secure a small competitive advantage.
Transparency and customer communication
Online doesn't mean you can hide from your customers. Make it as easy as possible for your customers to get in touch with you. For products that require explanation, for example, you can use a chat to contact interested parties via a detailed product description. In addition, provide detailed FAQs on topics such as ordering, payment, shipping, returns, etc., in which your customers can find all the information they need.
Legal requirements for operating an online shop
If you want to create and operate an online shop in Germany, there are some legal requirements to be observed. First, like any other dealer, you have to register a business with the trade office and obtain a tax ID from the tax office. You can only set up your online shop after you have successfully registered.
In addition, you are obliged to provide further information:
- Imprint: Commercial websites, including an online shop, must contain an imprint that contains the contact details of the responsible operator such as his first name, last name, address, email address and telephone number.
- Data protection: The GDPR stipulates that users should be informed about which customer data is being saved and which tracking processes, such as cookies, are used.
- Buyers need to be on it Right of withdrawal and the Conditions and must actively confirm, for example via a check box, that they have taken note of this.
- Prices: Products that are sold to end customers must be shown with the gross price and the VAT included.
- The Order button must be designed in such a way that the buyer immediately recognizes that a click on the button leads to a transaction that is subject to payment. “Click now” or “continue” are not sufficient. Legally secure designations are, for example, “order for a fee” or “order for a fee”. In addition, after completing the order, the buyer must usually receive an order confirmation by email.
- If you have the email address of your buyer as part of the Email Marketing want to use, you need the consent of your customers. Without the clear consent to the dispatch, the so-called Opt-in, it is not allowed to send them a newsletter, for example. A simple opt-in is given if the buyer gives one-time consent via a check box or the one-time specification of an email address or telephone number. At the Double opt-in the buyer must then confirm the entry again. The buyer can also withdraw his consent via the opt-out.
With this information you can make your online shop legally secure, protect yourself from warnings, appear serious and at the same time inspire confidence in your customers.
Appropriate shop system and functionalities to create your online shop
Of course, you can program your own web shop completely yourself or have an online shop created for you. But there are also simpler and less time-consuming ways to set up an online shop. There are even ways to create an online shop for free. Which system is best for you depends on the complexity of your online shop and your functional requirements.
Software as a Service models (SaaS) are modular systems. With them you can create your own online shop quickly and easily without any programming knowledge. In this construction kit you have various designs available to create your online shop. Operation and subsequent administration are designed to be intuitive.
With a On-premise solution you acquire a software license for a shop system. You can tailor the software to your needs so that it can be optimally integrated into the work processes in your company.
Shop systems that are available free of charge become Open source software called. At a Dual license model the provider also provides the software in a paid version with support service and more functions. The various shop systems of the numerous providers differ in terms of their interfaces to other systems and the availability of plug-ins or add-ons.
In addition to the decision for a shop system, the additional functionalities that you need to create and operate your online shop play a major role. These include, for example
- Opportunities to offer different payment methods
- Interfaces to accounting software for invoicing
- Connection to a merchandise management system
- Interfaces to shipping service providers
- Marketing functions such as SEO, cross-selling, email marketing or a blog function for content marketing
- Security functions such as SSL encryption or automatic backups
- various support options via email, chat or phone
How do you attract customers to your online shop?
Founders rarely have a generous budget. Even so, you should be investing for a good one marketing for your e-commerce shop right from the start. If you fail, enough traffic and thus sales to generate for your online shop, you will not be able to cover your expenses.
Next SEO measures to optimize your content, social media marketing and Email Marketing at. Here, too, you don't have to record all channels at once. Here, the analysis of your target group will help you to find the right marketing mix. First, focus on the sales channels that are most relevant to your sales.
Don't forget one too mobile version for your online shop to create: Customers now often use smartphones for online purchases.
Costs to create an online shop?
A one-time investment to open an online shop is not enough. Yours calculation must next to the Creation and opening costs, the Operating costs Your online shop, such as expenses for hosting, the shop system, marketing, the creation of product images, warehouse and logistics as well as your working time for shop maintenance, shipping and accounting.
The way to success!
In order to create and open your own online shop as well as for the successful operation, specialist knowledge, a suitable shop system with the necessary functionalities, a clear design and good usability, good marketing and financial planning are essential. Anyone who does not know what to consider when creating an online shop or how to run an online shop will find it difficult to assert oneself successfully in the market. Take the time to acquire the necessary specialist knowledge, effectively highlight your unique selling point and plan sufficient financial resources to avoid having to give up your online shop again shortly after it opens.
- Are there people who resemble Nostradamus?
- Why is marketing your business important
- What shocked your misunderstanding about poor people
- What is good for a cat
- Why was WBUT renamed to MAKAUT
- What is the h index
- How to say eloquent in Arabic
- Is Switzerland a safe place to live?
- How is journalism at Kalindi College
- The remaining learning works without batch normalization
- What is life like without social network connectivity
- Who named our solar system
- What is the negative aspect of socialism
- Why should India have reservations?
- Which is better kisses or hugs
- Why are athletes bad role models
- What are some sentence examples with precursors
- What is your rating of A Cappella
- What qualifies as big data
- What is hair loss treatment 1
- What is wood frame structure
- What is the additive inverse of 0
- How do I install a TV stand
- Use Docker
- What are different types of acl
- What does touzen mean in Japanese
- How can I get inspiration for songwriting?
- What is a UNIX command window
- What do you regret on the internet
- What are the best columns from Bill Simmons
- Have you ever been to Central Asia
- What are the objects of implantation training
- What does internetworking