Does a pen work when not in use
Turn off the Apple Pencil? This is how the standby mode works
You have finished working on the iPad Pro and now want to turn off the Apple Pencil. But is that even possible? In contrast to the tablet, the pen does not have a power button. The gadget cannot be completely deactivated, but only put into standby mode. Here you can find out what you should know about it.
The standby mode of the Apple Pencil is automatically activated as soon as the pen no longer receives a Bluetooth signal. If you switch off the wireless connection of the iPad, the stylus switches to sleep mode. This also happens if you move the Apple Pencil too far away from the tablet and a sufficiently strong signal no longer arrives.
Turn on Apple Pencil? Not necessary
In addition, the Apple Pencil's motion sensor detects when the pen has not been moved for a while. In this case, the accessory also switches to standby mode.
If you want to use the Apple Pencil again, nothing more is required than to pick it up and use it - and reactivate the Bluetooth connection on the iPad if necessary. If the pen doesn't work, its battery is probably dead. You can find out the charge status relatively easily. How you then charge the pen's battery depends on which model you have. If it is an Apple Pencil 1: either charge it using the adapter or plug it into the iPad. 15 seconds are enough to provide enough energy for half an hour. The Apple Pencil 2, on the other hand, can only be charged magnetically via iPad.
Video: Youtube / Apple
Make sure you have the right pen for your tablet
If you can't use the pen on the iPad at all, it may be an incompatible model: The Apple Pencil 2 only supports the iPad Pro versions from 2018, while the Apple Pencil 1 does not work with the latest tablets.
Are you looking for suitable apps for iPad and stylus? Here you will find a selection of the best applications for the Apple Pencil.
- The Apple Pencil cannot be switched off, it can only be switched to standby mode.
- Sleep mode is switched on as soon as the stylus no longer receives a Bluetooth signal or is not moved for a longer period of time.
- If you pick up the stylus, you can use it again straight away - it doesn't need to be switched on.
- To charge the Apple Pencil, connect it to the iPad or adapter (Apple Pencil 1) or attach it magnetically to the tablet (Apple Pencil 2).
Do you use an Apple Pencil? If so, for what - and how satisfied are you with it?
Cover picture: Unsplash (Lost Co)
- How are computers useful in hospitality?
- Why do my fish destroy my plants
- Should I see Avengers Endgame
- What is meant by leakage flux?
- Why today's youth is addicted to technology
- What is amorphous substance
- How could Asana be improved
- Is it possible to externalize JSON LD
- How can you trust your own skills
- What's next after technology
- Is improvisation biased towards more personable people
- Why do religious people commit crimes
- Where I print paper cups
- What is the reason why people dance
- What taxi service is available in Bhavnagar
- What do you like about Baidu
- How do I upload document notes online
- Where is Eminem these days
- What is the best cell phone
- What makes a doctor difficult to work
- Why is Sodium in Soda
- How does lamination come about
- How do young girls get good hygiene
- Can allergies cause crusty eyes in corners