2015 was a bad year for movies
Netflix costs 2021 • What you pay for films and series
Price increase in 2021
On January 14th, 2020 it was announced that Netflix prices will also be increased in Germany - in the USA the increase had already taken place in October 2020.
How much more expensive is it? The standard subscription increases by one euro (8 percent more expensive), the premium subscription by two euros (12.5 percent more expensive). The price remained the same for the basic subscription.
When does it cost more? The new prices were valid for new customers from January 14, 2021. For existing customers, the time has come from April 19, 2021.
Netflix's comment: The increase will flow into "continuously increasing value for our users", and investments in content - including those produced in Germany - will be increased. Among other things, Netflix plans to stream a new film every week in 2021.
Price increase 2019
On January 15, 2019, it was announced that Netflix is increasing its prices in the USA - by 1 to 2 dollars for all subscription variants. It goes without saying that this measure would not be limited to the US market.
And that's right: on April 10, 2019, it was confirmed that prices will also rise in Germany.
How much more expensive did it get? The standard subscription increased by one euro, the premium subscription by two euros. The price remained the same for the basic subscription. The current subscription prices and what you get for them see below.
When did it cost more? The new prices were valid for new customers from April 11, 2019. Existing customers paid the increased prices from May 2019.
Netflix's comment: "From time to time we change our prices as we continue to invest in great entertainment and improving the Netflix experience."
One thing is certain: There is a gigantic financial need from the streaming provider. Even if the customer base grows and revenues rise: Netflix invests enormous sums in its own productions (18 billion dollars in 2018 alone) and in the technology that enables smooth streaming for millions of users. In addition, there is the pressure to succeed from the growing competition from other streaming platforms.
Price increases in 2017 & 2015
At the end of 2017, Netflix had already increased the price - for new customers from October, for existing customers from December. The price of the standard subscription increased from 9.99 euros to 10.99 per month. The premium subscription - previously available for 11.99 euros - then cost 13.99 euros.
In August 2015, the standard subscription had already been increased: from 8.99 euros to 9.99 euros. Netflix has been available in Germany since September 2014.
- What is the difference between at once and at the same time
- How can I stay motivated for JEE
- Do you have a picture of God
- Why do I easily lose focus
- Can we make it super human
- Can block coal radiation
- All simple ideas for semantic web projects
- Will the Indian economy overtake Germany by 2018
- Why can't I work smart?
- In which language is KSP programmed
- What are the best FinTechs
- What is a muddler
- How can I be like Chris Evans
- You can return a pet to PetSmart
- How many years did Amazon exist?
- What is acoustophoretic printing
- Why is the vital capacity increased through training?
- How the NASA SOLAR PROBE starts
- Can a material change the world
- Is Katrina Kaif an overrated actress
- How is the service from Ways2capital company
- Should OneDrive sync your desktop
- Why are Uber taxi drivers so unprofessional
- Where was Adam after he was created
- What do dogs think are people
- Which famous personal grave have you visited?
- How can we achieve levitation
- Can NodeMCU act as a web server
- What was known about Majd al Assad
- What are some really good animes
- Did Elvis Presley believe in God
- What does fused cast AZS block mean
- Where can I learn squash in Chennai
- What are quarterly rocks