What are the types of ladders
Ladders and steps
Ladders and steps are devices that can be set up anywhere and used for climbing.
The rungs of ladders fitted into stiles on the left and right are used for ascent and descent. These rungs are also known as steps. Depending on the type of ladder, it consists of wood, steel, aluminum or plastic, can be leaned against a wall, stand free or hung.
In contrast to a ladder, a step is understood to be an ascent with only a few steps. Steps can also be set up in different places. As a rule, they are free and their side parts are connected to one another in a tensile and compression-proof manner, with the top surface being intended for walking on.
Application areas and types
Ladders and steps are needed in a wide variety of places. Frequent areas of application are narrow stairwells, roofs or narrow aisles such as in a warehouse.
The workplace that can only be reached by means of a ladder or step is referred to as a high workplace and is therefore classified as more dangerous than a workplace that is close to the floor. For this reason, ladders and steps should only be used if the use of safer work equipment is excluded due to structural conditions.
Since ladders and steps have been used tools for many years, more and more species have developed over time. The following list gives an overview of the most common types of conductors:
- Leaning ladders - this also includes extension ladders, plug-in ladders, folding ladders, construction ladders and hanging ladders
- Step ladders - two-legged and free-standing
- Combination ladders - can either be leaning ladders or step ladders
- mechanical ladders - mobile, free-standing extension ladders with or without a work basket
- Fixed ladders, rope ladders and roof ladders
Instructions for the selection of ladders and steps
The selection of the right ladder or the right step is largely based on the following questions:
- What work item needs to be done?
- Which working method is aimed for on the ladder or on the step?
- How big must the load-bearing capacity of the ladders and steps be?
- What is the soil quality like in the work environment?
- Does the work on ladders or steps affect internal traffic?
- How big is the distance to falling edges?
If the answers to these questions are rather critical, it is important to check whether safer aids can be used for the work task. These safer work equipment includes scaffolding, aerial work platforms and work baskets.
You only see part of the product "Secure jobs in production and industry". You can find the full post and other interesting articles on the same topic in the product.
To the product "Secure jobs in production and industry"
- What does the electromagnetic field of our body do
- Can vertebral body compression fractures regenerate spontaneously?
- Why do cats get angry?
- How common is an infection after surgery?
- Is argon heavier than air
- Which is better Kotlin Python or Java
- What are the examples of transparent objects
- Who made the first missile in India
- Can i use grammar on my phone
- The demand for oil is increasing
- What is the need of routing
- What is the peschitta
- Why do cats run around after defecation
- How do websites keep track of users
- You could touch a brown dwarf
- What is your favorite type of egg
- Besides his influence, Bob Dylan is overrated
- What is a 1619 project
- Why did JK Rowling make Dumbledore
- Teaching can be a psychological risk
- Why do children fail at physics and mathematics
- How safe is Cancun in 2018 2019
- What would MySpace turn over
- When is 0 any
- Which artist sang the song Resurrection?
- How does energy maintain body temperature?
- What is nightmare disorder
- What is the magnetic quantum number in chemistry
- How Can Anyone Make Money From Freelance Writing
- Will budget 5G phones exist?
- Infrastructure Why are there several traffic lights
- Which country starts with the letter G.
- Are the winnings in online gambling limited
- A sociopath can be generous