Which Syrian food recipe do you like
Today there is a salad that is not only quick to prepare but also goes well with every dish.
You are probably wondering what the salad has to do with solidarity, right? Quite simply: I am the project sponsor for the project "Common KOchen connects"Of the association" Cooking outside the box ". This is one of many great projects that the German TV Lottery is presenting on its platform “You are a profit” for solidarity in our society.
The association has set itself the goal of bringing refugees and locals together. A lot has happened since the association was founded: regular cooking courses are held in which refugees cook recipes from their homeland, and a book has even been published in the meantime. Quite simple, isn't it? Cooking and eating bring people together. As soon as you sit at the table, eat and enjoy together, it doesn't matter whether you speak the same language or have the same cultural background.
- 500 g tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 500 g cucumber cut into small pieces
- 1 green pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 bunch of parsley chopped
- ½ bunch of mint chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- For the dressing, mix lemon juice with the olive oil and a little salt
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour the dressing over it 10 minutes before serving
The quote "Eating makes you happy" is really true:
I have a lot of foreign friends. Many of them only recently arrived in Germany with their parents. Sometimes there are communication problems, especially the older ones find it difficult to learn the new language. Even if most of them are thousands of kilometers away from their homeland and have an uncertain future, there are moments of happiness.
I remember Zahira, the mother of a friend who really wanted to cook for us. I was really happy about the invitation to dinner, because for me there is nothing tastier than authentic food from other countries. You could see how much fun Zahira was preparing the food. Her son had to translate my many questions about preparation and spices and Zahira willingly answer and let me try everything.
And when we all sat at the table and fell upon the food you could clearly see it: Zahira was happy. Preparing the dishes for us from her homeland reminded her of home. A piece of home on your new dining table. We laughed a lot, ate a lot and in the end we were full and satisfied.
These and many other experiences have simply convinced me that food is a wonderful remedy for homesickness and can create a kind of invisible bond to connect people.
The project, which started in Berlin, helped many young refugees in particular to find friends, to show a piece of home to other people and to open up new perspectives.
What did I learn from it? I recently bought a small house in the country. The village has just one thousand inhabitants. Some time ago, a large group of underage refugees who came to Germany without their families was housed in an old nurses' home. You guessed it, right? The population is irritated and has no access to the refugees. Apparently there are no similarities, integration into the village community turns out to be difficult. I saw it all very relaxed and just drove by.
“Why don't the others do that? Are we fleeing from refugees? Is our society also a community? Discuss these and other questions
but simply by checking out mine and the many other projects below You're aProfit! informed!
My next step? I organize a big cooking event with the refugees and invite the villagers to do so. Hey, I'm sure this is going to be a great evening. Would you like to be there?
- Why does al Assad speak good English
- Can Facebook actually become privacy-friendly?
- Why are Muslims not being reformed
- How do I fix a dead hard drive?
- Where can we experience centrifugal force
- What is compressor crankcase
- Is incarceration a moral problem?
- What is a diplo
- Censorship is essential
- How does the Amazon refund work
- How to do yellow fingernail polish
- Which GoPro is the best for underwater
- What is currently in fashion
- How can you trust your own skills
- Why is shopify better to use
- 500 lipstick colors are possible
- Which channel will Michigan Football be on?
- What's the best alternative to ScheduleFly
- How do I increase pancreatic function
- Why is marijuana not a gateway drug
- Where should I invest in stocks
- When will the Microsoft Hololens be affordable?
- What is digital marketing and its scope
- What is freefall acceleration