Algeria will annex Libya as a territory
The Moroccan government is angry about German foreign policy: "The Federal Republic of Germany has repeatedly acted hostile against the higher interests of the Kingdom of Morocco," said the Foreign Ministry on Thursday and called its ambassador in Germany back to Rabat for consultations - without warning.
What happened? The German federal government does not want to accept Morocco's sovereignty over Western Sahara, which has been annexed in violation of international law - and is thus acting entirely in accordance with international law. In March, the Moroccan government fired a warning shot that was unusual in diplomatic relations and ordered that all communication with the German embassy in Rabat be stopped - even then without warning.
Does the dispute over Western Sahara really explain everything? Apparently, Morocco does not feel that it is being taken seriously in the role it has ascribed to itself as a regional power. In January 2020, Rabat reacted angrily to his exclusion from the Berlin Libya Conference. In Thursday's statement, the Foreign Ministry complained that Germany was stubbornly trying to prevent Morocco from exercising its "regional role", "especially on the Libya question."
The Libyan parties to the conflict did indeed negotiate in Morocco, but their ambitions go beyond Libya: King Mohammed VI, who has ruled since 1999. wants Morocco to play a key role in Africa. “Mohammed VI. has made Africa policy a top priority, «writes Maghreb expert Isabelle Werenfels, and is investing heavily, especially in West Africa, in order to open up new sales markets. At the political level, Morocco competes primarily with Algeria, the protective power of the Polisario who is fighting for the independence of Western Sahara. While Algeria's influence is waning, including in the African Union (AU), Morocco is staking out its interests.
nd journalism from the left thrives on the commitment of its readers
In view of the experience of the corona pandemic, we have decided to make our journalism permanently freely accessible on our website and thus make it available to everyone who is interested.
As with our print and epaper editions, our work as an author, editor, technician or publishing employee is part of every published article. It is what makes this journalism possible.
Volunteer now with just a few clicks!
- When was America greatest?
- What makes a person divine?
- What is a marriage of convenience 1
- What is the main disadvantage of Christianity
- There are disadvantages to regular meditation
- Which companies sell or rent wedding signs
- Does BMW have an electric SUV
- What is wood frame structure
- Why not landlord brokers auction rental properties
- What's good in Mexico
- Why want to work in Japan
- Should I run for president?
- How do I go about event management?
- Am I wrong if I want more
- Can you meditate without awakening spiritually
- What do Swedes think of Abba
- Will HTML5 ever overtake native mobile apps?
- What's your rating of WBJEE 2017
- Is there life on Mars or Saturn
- Can we eat rudraksha fruits
- Astrophysics is just a jumble of words
- What is the biggest wave that has ever surfed?
- How can I shadow a physiotherapist
- How can I download free bootstrap templates