Gives WhatsApp money when we share
WhatsApp abroad: costs for writing and calling
Using WhatsApp abroad is easier than you think. All you need is your smartphone, a SIM card and / or an internet connection. We explain how it works and what you need to consider in terms of costs and co.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messengers worldwide and for many is the number one means of communication to keep in touch with friends and relatives. Especially abroad, the app is an excellent way to keep in touch and share memories in a simple way. This is also because not much is required to use the app and there are hardly any costs. Nevertheless, there are a few things to consider that we have written down for you here.
WhatsApp abroad: use WiFi and roaming
An internet connection is the basic requirement to be able to use WhatsApp abroad. This can be established either via a WLAN network or your SIM card. So you shouldn't have any problems in the hotel, as free WiFi is usually offered there. Simply log in and you can write, make phone calls and send pictures for free.
When you are out and about, you only have data roaming via the SIM card. It is important to be careful here, as in certain cases high costs can be incurred. However, there is no need to worry within the EU. Your normal contractual conditions apply here, so that there are no extra costs when using WhatsApp.
Outside the EU, however, the situation is different. Data roaming via your German SIM card costs extra here. This also applies to the sea. Outside of the mainland, your smartphone establishes a satellite connection, which can be really expensive. We therefore advise you not to use WhatsApp or to buy a new, cheap international SIM card. In order to use WhatsApp with this, however, you have to re-verify your account. Here we explain the WhatsApp verification to you.
Tips and tricks: Use less mobile data with WhatsApp
If you are dependent on your mobile data abroad, you should plan your consumption well. Here are three tips on how you can use WhatsApp abroad without using up excessive data volume:
- Limit yourself mainly to writing. Voice messages, pictures and videos consume a comparatively large amount of data. You should only hold video chats in the WLAN network, as these draw a lot of mobile data.
- Disable the automatic download of media files when roaming. You can find the option under Settings > Data and memory usage > Download media > When roaming. There you can also reduce the data consumption when making calls.
- Avoid opening links as loading websites with all the images and files uses up a lot of data. Wait until you are in the hotel and have access to the WiFi.
- Why is studying polynomials important
- Multifocal contact lenses are expensive
- What is the future of Facebook
- People with autism see neurotypes negatively
- Can you see the energy of the people
- How is Kallada Academy for digital marketing
- What is ISO 22000 2018
- Are Huawei laptops reliable
- Linux surfs the internet faster
- How does natural selection affect a population?
- What is the biggest myth about therapy
- Can sertraline be taken by children
- When did you realize that you were polygamous?
- Is the lip shape genetically determined
- What is the name of Anchorage Food
- What is WebMoney
- Should I run for president?
- What is Ignoring Backfacing in 3ds Max
- How do Californians differ from Neuenglaender?
- How can I work faster
- Will gravitational waves affect Einstein's theories
- What makes Play Store so successful
- Which is older Mario or Luigi
- What is your coping mechanism 3
- What is your earliest memory of donations
- What are tooth-split belts made of
- What are Some Amazing Guinness Book Records
- Is Budweiser stronger than Corona
- Which Android app plays music over FM
- Why did Swami Vivekananda become Moench
- Can recognize Shazam piano music forms
- What are the uses of bearings
- How many children does Justin Trudeau have