What is an external link 2
Linking websites / files, specifying e-mail addresses and inserting / displaying images
Quick guide links / email address:
- Mark the text to be linked, click on the chain symbol that now appears (insert / change link), set the link
- Internal link: Does not break even if the Internet address is changed
- External link: For all links outside the JLU system
- E-mail address: Enter the e-mail address also using the chain symbol in order to store text with an e-mail address (also possible to protect against spam, see detailed instructions)
Quick guide to insert pictures:
- Load images into the system (add -> image), please note the data protection information in the detailed instructions!
- Insert image on website using the "Insert image" icon (tree symbol)
- The status of the image (published / private) depends on the status of the folder in which the image is located
Quick guide to insert files:
- Load file into the system (add -> file)
- Publish the file if necessary
- Link file internally on the website
The basic features of websites are links and images. Here you can find out how to link internally and externally, enter e-mail addresses and insert images.
In Plone we differentiate between internal links (links within the main Plone system at JLU; links are retained even if the Internet address changes due to the restructuring of the website or a change in the short name) and external links (currently linking to everything that is not located below www.uni-giessen.de). External links must be updated as soon as the Internet address of the target page changes.
You can internally link within the websites in the main system of JLU, so that you only have to adjust these links if the target page no longer exists or has been deleted. We strongly recommend that you link internally as much as possible (saves you time and effort).
First, mark the text to be linked (or the image to be linked). The symbol for insert / change link then appears in the editor:
You can now search the system for the target page:
Select the text to be linked externally, click on the symbol for insert / change link (see above), select the option "external", enter the URL copied from the external website, done:
Specification of email addresses:
You can elegantly store an e-mail address with your e-mail address, so that a click on the text stored with this e-mail address opens the e-mail program installed on the respective computer and you can immediately send an e-mail. Mail can write. Select the text, e.g. "E-Mail", click on the symbol for insert / change link (see above) and select the option "E-Mail":
SPAM protection: You can also specify e-mail addresses so that they are protected against spam. To do this, follow the following scheme:
- Enter the first part of the e-mail address before the "@" at the desired position in the text (or write any text such as "E-Mail" - this has the disadvantage, however, that this arbitrary text is not considered arbitrary viewed and possibly typed by website visitors).
- Select the first part of the e-mail address and click on the symbol for insert / change link (see above) and select the "E-mail" option. Enter the full email address as described above.
- Check the box next to "Spam protection" and save
The full e-mail address is displayed, but it is only generated in the source text after a click on the e-mail address. Malicious bots that automatically search websites for email addresses do not get to the stored email address, but website visitors do.
Please do not publish unsolicited email addresses that are not functional addresses! It is best to have the declaration of consent given to you in writing (e.g. by email).
Uploading pictures and viewing pictures
First you have to load an image into the system so that it can be displayed on as many websites as you want. If you subsequently exchange the image for another image, it will also be exchanged on all displaying websites. You only have to upload an image once, even if you want to display it several times. To upload an image to a folder (an image can only be added to a folder, not a page) click "Add" and select the "Image" option:
Please ensure that you only save image files (e.g. JPEG, GIF, PNG) as images, not PDFs, etc.!
You can subsequently exchange the image by navigating to the image via the "Contents" tab (images are automatically excluded from the navigation), go to "edit", and exchange the image.
You can use the "insert picture" icon display on every website:
You navigate to the picture using "You are here", select the picture, then choose whether the picture should be stored in the text where you placed the cursor (option "Inline", the picture behaves like in a Word file), or whether it should be inserted right-justified (text flows around the picture to the left, the picture remains firmly anchored) or left-justified. Then select the desired display size for the image. You can remove an image from the display on a website by marking it (click on the image in edit mode) and removing it, for example, with the "Remove" key, or with the help of the backspace key. You can link images like text.
A Caption (e.g. for details on the image or copyright information) you can generate by entering the text in the "Description" field and ticking the "Legend" box.
It is also important to choose a meaningful one Title for the image (especially for search engine optimization), but also a meaningful one Description of the picture is central, because this is read in particular by screen readers for the blind (keyword: "accessibility"). .
The status an image (published / private) depends on the status of the folder in which it is located. So if you want to have pictures in the system but not publish them worldwide, upload these pictures to a private folder.
Important note on data protection when using images
Please pay attention to the image rights! Read the license conditions for purchased images carefully and follow the instructions regarding the copyright notices and other information, if any. You should never post pictures of people online without being asked. Always get written confirmation (e.g. by email) from persons depicted in pictures (also from employees!) That they agree to the publication of their picture on the JLU Gießen website.
Would you like a slideshow without a right and left column, as is currently the case? on the JLU Gießen homepage, the dimensions of the slideshow images are 1184 px x 316 px. A banner image above the gray navigation bar now has the ideal dimensions of 722 px x 108 px.
- Uploading files and linking to files
You load files like pictures into the system (add to folder-> file). Files are also automatically excluded from the navigation. You can now link to a file as often as you like (highlight text, internally to link). You can exchange files like pictures. You do not have to delete the object or the internal link. You should make sure that files are loaded into the system only once and then linked to this file several times. Otherwise you will have to exchange a lot of files during an update. The status of a file is independent of the folder, so files must be published separately.
- Are there so many crocodiles in Florida
- What is your favorite font
- What's your favorite homemade skin care mask
- What has nature designed for us
- Why didn't AOL and Yahoo clone Twitter?
- Which is better Matchbox vs Hot Wheels
- What is the order to watch Twilight
- What makes medical treatment so much
- Will a mother rabbit move babies
- Is C3R treatment safe?
- What does gentrification mean
- Broadband gives good speeds
- Can Switzerland defeat Germany or France militarily?
- What are your favorite 1940s big bands?
- How do I learn something 5X faster
- Where does the word Pooney come from
- Why is the trial so late
- Why is it forbidden teachers to punish students?
- Which cities recycle number 5 plastics
- Why do companies need a loyalty strategy
- Is history an art humanity or a science
- When will the cough phlegm go away
- Will tattooing hurt
- What is the worst NFL football team