Why is incognito mode unsafe either
The big misunderstanding: what does incognito mode do in the browser?
There are many myths surrounding private surfing in the browser's incognito mode. Are you really safe and anonymous when you travel with him and do not leave any traces on the internet? We clarify what the incognito mode can really do in terms of privacy.
Some internet users surf in the private mode of their browser and feel completely protected in their privacy. In addition, it is easy to use for everyone. Scientists in Chicago carried out a study together with Leibnitz University in Hanover. A full 40 percent of those surveyed assume that their location remains secret in private mode and 37 percent think that this would allow them to surf anonymously at work. But what is the real point of incognito mode?
The incognito mode in the browser can do that
History and access data are not saved
If you open a website in private mode, you have a certain level of protection depending on the browser. In general, incognito mode allows you to prevent your history of the websites you have visited, search history and the information entered there from being saved. This is particularly useful if the respective device is used by several people. Other users will then not be able to understand where you have been online and will not be able to log in on your behalf, as access data and forms are not filled out automatically. You would not have to delete this data manually afterwards.
Cookies and browser data are deleted after the session
Incognito mode cannot completely prevent cookies, your history and your passwords from being collected. These data are still stored temporarily. In this way, advertising networks and website operators can still analyze your behavior for personalized advertising. This information is only deleted after the website is closed. However, when you visit this website again, this data is no longer available. This at least makes it more difficult for the operators to create user profiles through tracking.
Incognito mode in the browser cannot do that
Provide protection against attacks by malware
Incognito mode is not a protection against attacks by malware. To avoid such risks, you have to implement various measures. On the one hand, you have to keep your operating system and the software you are using up-to-date. On the other hand, you should never download programs from untrustworthy providers. In addition, you should regularly check your devices with a virus scanner and use a pop-up blocker.
Enable anonymous surfing
Incognito mode alone is not a means of keeping your online activities anonymous. Your internet service provider or employer can still keep track of which websites you have visited. Finally, your IP address can be assigned to your customer data. The internet service provider can also pass on the usage data if necessary in the event of a police investigation.
If you download files in private mode, the location of the download is not stored. The files themselves are displayed in the download folder, unless you save them somewhere else. Bookmarks set in private mode will still be saved on your PC.
Special browsers such as Brave or the Tor browser, which you may be familiar with from the context of the Darknet, are suitable for anonymous surfing. If you want to hide your IP address and encrypt the data traffic, a “Virtual Private Network” (VPN) is also suitable.
How to find incognito mode
The private mode has a certain name depending on the browser and can usually be activated via the menu bar. With Microsoft Edge you can find it, for example, under “Inprivate Mode”, with Mozilla Firefox under “Private Window” and with Chrome under “Incognito Window”. In the Apple Safari browser you have to click on the “File” tab in the task bar and select “New private window”. Read carefully what protection the function can offer you and don't let the dark design or the secret agent as a symbol mislead you - you won't surf completely anonymously with it.
- How does the sound combine to get louder
- Have free websites
- What's your favorite car 2
- Why do people do nose piercing
- How does the cheating syndrome hold someone back
- What is the basicity of H3PO4
- Which facilities are available in AIIMS Raipur
- What if a person went to Krypton
- Where should I invest in stocks
- What is easiest to wash
- What are some strange animals
- What happens in an IOCL apprentice interview
- What are the different ways to learn
- How do I prevent travel theft
- Am I wrong if I want more
- Have you ever forgotten to bring something?
- Who is popular Megadeth or Slayer
- How to clean a wooden guitar
- What is Eventbrite
- What are the historically longest droughts in California
- Why is inorganic chemistry less popular
- Why do acidic drinks soothe nausea
- How can I ask high quality questions
- Has anyone ever ridden a whale
- What is the London poem about
- A 5 m self-supporting structure is possible
- Who first coined the term assassin?
- Who is better Dhoni or Raina
- What is sodium bicarbonate
- Where is the running place in Ahmedabad
- How do I design wooden structures
- WhatsApp will show up on your phone bill
- What is the cultural food in Dubai