Birds eat cheese
Attention: This chapter is available in a new, revised version!
Please click here.
Most dairy products are not suitable as food for budgies or other pet birds. There are several reasons for this: On the one hand, the birds do not tolerate the lactose contained in dairy products (see below) and, on top of that, many of these foods are very fatty. Cheese, cream, condensed milk and other fatty dairy products should therefore be taboo in bird nutrition. It looks different, for example lowfat quark (Potting). The fat content is so low that it can be mixed with the birds in very small quantities with the germ feed. However, the ornamental birds often have to get used to the sour taste and sticky consistency and therefore spurn low-fat quark at the beginning. Is also suitablecottage cheesewhich some pet birds taste even better than quark. Cottage cheese is also called grainy cream cheese or cottage cheese.
As mentioned above, you should be extremely careful with dairy products that contain milk sugar (lactose). It cannot be broken down in the bird's body, because the animals naturally lack an enzyme in their intestines, which in humans is responsible for breaking down lactose. Too much lactose therefore leads to severe diarrhea in pet birds. In this regard, low-fat quark can be fed without hesitation if it contains very little lactose. There is also hardly a bird that eats so much low-fat quark that it gets diarrhea from the small amounts of lactose it ingests as a result. A good alternative is lactose-free dairy products, which are now available in many well-stocked supermarkets.
A note on the subject cheese should not be missing at this point. Some types of cheese contain relatively little fat. If an ornamental bird really wants to bite off a piece of it, let it do it from time to time. As long as the bird only occasionally eats a beak full of cheese, the fat in it should not harm it. It should be noted, however, that cheese also contains salt, which in turn can be a problem for the bird's kidneys in larger quantities. Make sure you provide your pet birds with enough fresh drinking water when they have eaten cheese. They may be thirstier than usual and need the water to flush their kidneys through.
- What makes reed croet poisonous to dogs
- What are the payment processing companies
- What is 3D interior design
- Girls have equal rights
- How did Albert Einstein earn his living
- Why did Amazon start Amazon Echo
- Can a PC batch file be copied
- Why are nuclear weapons bad
- Which is better Brahmos or Amraam
- Which is better IGTV or YouTube
- Is commercial lactose-free milk harmful?
- What are medical imaging techniques
- Zantac is banned
- 128 is a prime number
- May boys girls around 52
- Can allergies cause crusty eyes in corners
- What would an antimatter explosion look like
- Are men afraid of single women?
- What was Ernest Rutherford famous for
- Documentation for new developers Some examples
- What is uneven speed
- What does time to failure mean
- How often should you paint furniture
- Who are the best Uruguayan footballers