What does education 1
Education - what is it actually?
There is no uniform definition of “education” because everyone has a different idea of it. Knowledge, intellectuality and sophistication stand for education - but the individual personality also plays a major role.´
The term “education” is first associated with the school in which teachers try to give their students the level of education that has been determined as appropriate in the curriculum. Accordingly, education is knowledge - education is learning and teaching - education is knowledge and knowledge. But is that all that education is all about?
The Humboldtian ideal of education
The undisputed forefather of the modern conception of education is Wilhelm von Humboldt, who carried out what is probably the most far-reaching educational reform in the German-speaking area between the 18th and 19th centuries. Education defined by Humboldt as "The stimulation of all human powers so that they develop through appropriation of the world and lead to a self-determining individuality and personality".
Education as a process of individualization
According to Humboldt's ideal of education, education is more than the mere acquisition of knowledge - individuality and personality as well as the development of talents play an equally important role. Education is therefore a process of individualization through which people can develop their personality. The philosopher Henning Kössler describes education as “the acquisition of a system of morally desirable attitudes through the mediation and acquisition of knowledge in such a way that people in the reference system of their historical-social world define their location by choosing, evaluating and taking their position, acquiring a personality profile and gaining life and action orientation ".
Characteristics of educated people?
In order to describe the term “education” in more detail, some attempts have been made to define education on the basis of lists of criteria. For example, according to the German educator Hartmut von Hentig, anyone who has the following character traits or skills is considered educated:
- Disgust and defense against inhumanity
- The perception of happiness
- The will and the ability to communicate
- An awareness of the historicity of one's own existence
- Alertness to final or undecidable questions
- Personal responsibility and responsibility in the res publica
This can also be expressed by a list of goals that can serve as a guide for the design of educational measures:
- Abilities to cope with life and everyday life
- Sense of responsibility, ability to compromise and peace
- Creativity and self-control
The educational formula
In short: the concept of education encompasses the totality of the abilities and characteristics of a personality. These are in a permanent development process. This also includes the concepts that are usually understood under 'education' in the narrower sense:
- Knowledge - in the sense of 'having knowledge of something'
- Intellectuality - related to special artistic and scientific knowledge (from the Latin intellegere = to understand)
- Refinement - as the well-groomed and socially desirable way of life developed in a social context
- Individual attachments of personality as well
- Temporal, spatial and social conditions
This creates a mixture that can be described as the personal education of the individual. A construct that belongs to the [intlink id = “1828 ″ type =“ post “] basic rights [/ intlink] and can only (if at all) be assessed and seen in relation to the immediate environment.Author: Miriam Bax
Published on January 19, 2011
Tags: education, Humboldt's ideal of education
- What makes a filmmaker praetentioes
- Slavery made America great
- What are SEO SEM and SMM
- Tennis was first played with bare hands
- Nancy Pelosi has good political instincts
- How much memory do PS5 games require
- In software development, what is coding
- What do you think of maggots
- Is kevlar natural or synthetic
- What is modernism in classical music
- Tutorials for AngularJS
- Where can I find AI for companies
- What is the bilical meaning of 43
- How far can a 50 mm lens shoot
- What causes arterial plaque to loosen
- Is the stereochemistry in organic molecules purely theoretical
- What are examples of natural rights
- What types of fumigation processes are there
- Will you forgive people for being late?
- What is upbeat percussion music
- What problems does EMDR
- What software do hackers use
- Sends home24 ch to Switzerland
- How much storage space does Spotify have