Can bcc be hacked in email
Carbon Copy (Cc) - Address indirect email recipients
Have you ever received an email where you were put in the Cc? Or have you already made use of the CC function yourself? Sending so-called carbon copies is above all in a business environment Walk and give. If you don't want to make mistakes when sending e-mails, you should be familiar with the Cc function.
In this article we clarify what the Carbon Copy is all about and to what extent such copies can optimize professional e-mail communication.
When does it make sense to use the Cc field?
The term “carbon copy” refers to the carbon paper or carbon paper that was previously widely used to make copies of documents.
The Cc field is located in the email header directly under the To field in which you enter the recipient's email address. In some cases it has to be expanded first because it is hidden in the standard view.
If you now enter an e-mail address in the Cc field, you determine another, indirect recipient the message.
The e-mail is forwarded to the Cc recipient as normal. However, make it clear from the start that the message is not addressed directly to the respective person, but should only be taken note of by them.
In working groups and project teams it is important to maintain a high level of transparency and to always involve all parties involved in the communication processes. Email is important in keeping the entire team up to date.
However, it often happens that you, as the sender, only want to address selected colleagues. In this case, the Carbon Copy ensures that the remaining team members receive a copy of the message and read along can.
How does the Cc field differ from the other address fields?
There are basically three lines in the email header that are used to address recipients:
- “To” - Everyone you want to have a conversation with is listed on the top line.
- “Cc” - In this line you enter the contacts who should not feel addressed directly. The email addresses are visible to all recipients.
- “Bcc” - In the lowest address field, enter the contacts who are to receive a blind copy. The people can read the message, but their e-mail addresses remain hidden.
With the Carbon Copy, senders can send third parties include in the written exchange and inform them of email content.
|example: You have made a cost estimate for a potential customer and would like to inform your business partner who is not in the office. You put the address of the customer in the To field and the address of the business partner in the Cc field.|
What should you watch out for when using the Cc field?
In order to decide whether an e-mail address belongs in the To, Cc or Bcc field, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the addressee the main recipient of the email?
- Is the addressee addressed by name in the message?
- Do you expect an answer from the addressee?
- If yes → use the To field.
- Does the email contain important information for the addressee?
- Do you want the contact's email address to be shown to all other recipients?
- If yes → use the Cc field.
- Do you want to protect the privacy of the addressee?
- Should the addressee be able to read along secretly?
→ Use the Bcc field.
The Carbon Copy is also called Courtesy copy because it is an important tool to maintain the etiquette in business e-mail.
Cc recipients can be superiors, business partners, colleagues, allies or club members. The Cc function is only used in e-mail distribution groups if the recipients of the message know each other. If you send advertising e-mails, newsletters or public circulars to contacts who have no relationship to one another (e.g. subscribers or customers), you should use the Bcc field.
Always enter the recipient's e-mail addresses carefully - in certain cases it can have fatal consequences if you confuse the Cc field with the Bcc field!
To summarize again ...
- Cc recipients receive the same message as To recipients, but are not addressed directly.
- The Carbon Copy is used for perusal on the part of third parties - as a rule, no response is expected from the Cc recipients.
- The email addresses of the Cc recipients are for everyone publicly visible.
- When exchanging business e-mails, the Cc function increases the company's internal one transparency.
- Why is the Champions League played in the evening?
- Can foods with rennet be vegetarian
- LED is passive or active cool
- How was your weight loss
- How can I become a compulsive draftsman
- Why was processed food created
- Are hallucinogens legal
- What is the difference between Bosniak and Bosnian
- Why is BSE not listed in BSE?
- Would you still recommend going to nursing
- Are PSA tests correct for prostate cancer
- What about the speed of sound in different frames
- What is most needed in your city
- Are Patanjali products safe
- How much do you love solitude
- What is a Wolf Rayet star
- What are the best decks for Artifact
- Why do people touch a girl inappropriately
- She sent this to me. What does that mean
- How can I just write my assignment
- Is the state of the world sustainable?
- What kind of creature is an Ortolan
- What things should an alcoholic know
- How does an engineering student balance his studies?
- Why are degrees in the liberal arts still important
- Who created the Buddha
- Pakistan is an industrialized country
- Are there any asexuals here
- Medication may make it difficult to breathe
- Where in mountains should I get lost?
- What do porn stars achieve orgasm
- Who enchants the crown of Jesus
- Does the brain ever erase memories
- Start a Pinterest Business Now