Can deliver Amazon parcels by shipping
Amazon & Covid-19
Learn about your questions about safety, delivery, returns, and more.
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, many retailers in Germany - including Amazon - are playing the important role of delivering goods to people's homes across the country. We support tens of thousands of small and medium-sized companies [external link] and enable them to sell their products online via the Amazon Marketplace. We all work hard to get you the products you need. In everything we do, the health and safety of our employees, partners and customers remains our top priority [external link]. Please also note the current reports and recommendations for action from the German Federal Government [external link].
frequently asked Questions
1. Can I order normally? Will Amazon.de deliver my package?
Yes, all business activities on Amazon will continue. Of course we will inform you about any changes. You can always see the current delivery times when placing an order or under My Orders in your customer account. When choosing a delivery address, please note that companies and shops may be closed and currently cannot accept packages.
2. Are there any effects on delivery times?
We are committed to fast and free shipping all year round. We continue to make important updates to our logistics, transportation, supply chain and other processes on a regular basis. We adhere to extensive health and safety measures to protect our employees when packing and shipping products, to meet our demand and to improve delivery speeds. The estimated delivery times can be found on the respective product detail page.
3. Can I order corona self-tests on Amazon.de?
Amazon only sells self-tests approved by the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM). Since the products are currently only available to a limited extent and we want to supply as many of our customers as possible, the sales quantity can be limited under certain circumstances. We are working hard to increase the availability of self-tests for our customers. Information on self-tests and products offered on Amazon.de can be found on our FAQs on Corona self-tests page.
4. What measures is Amazon taking to protect its employees and customers?
Since the beginning of the current situation in connection with COVID-19, we have been working closely with the health authorities in order to be able to react quickly. In this way we ensure that we can continue to be there for customers and at the same time take care of our employees. Over 150 processes in logistics were converted to protect employees and customers. We have distributed protective clothing such as face masks to our employees and delivery partners and set up fever measuring points at our locations around the world. Disinfectant wipes and hand disinfectants are already used as standard across our entire network. You can find more information here [external link]
5. Is it still possible to return parcels?
Returns are of course still possible. Under My orders you can see the respective return periods and return your orders. You can find more information about the updated return policy here.
6. Is it safe to order products online from Amazon and have them delivered to my home?
According to information from the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), there is no proven transmission of Covid-19 via parcels. In principle, it is recommended to observe the hygiene rules. You can find more information on the ECDC website [external link].
7. Is it possible to reduce the contact with the driver during the parcel delivery?
Yes, Amazon currently offers contactless delivery. Amazon's delivery partners are encouraged to reduce contact with customers to the bare minimum. This can mean that the driver places the parcel in front of the customer's front door and then maintains a certain safety distance. If it is necessary to check your identity card, this should also be carried out at a certain distance. You can also choose a safe place for the driver to drop off your parcel if you cannot open the door. Drivers are asked to accommodate your preference whenever possible. In the final step before completing your order, you can use the "Add delivery instructions" link to select the option you want for a safe location.
8. Are pick-up stations available for delivery?
Yes, we are working with our partners to ensure that the locations of Amazon lockers and pick-up stations remain available and accessible whenever possible. If your order is in a temporarily inaccessible locker or a temporarily inaccessible pick-up station, we will cancel your order and you will receive a full refund. If you wish, please order the item at an alternative address. If your preferred location is temporarily unavailable, you can search for alternative locations here.
9. Does Amazon still ship large and bulky items?
Yes, we still deliver large and bulky items such as furniture or large household electrical appliances. However, the security of our providers and customers is our top priority, which is why we have increased our security precautions for home deliveries - you can find more information here. This also applies to our installation services, if offered.
10. Can customers from outside Germany still order from Amazon.de?
Yes, customers who do not live in Germany can still order from Amazon.de. You will see your expected delivery date in the order form after you have selected the desired delivery address for your country.
11. Are Prime Now and Amazon Fresh still available?
We are currently experiencing increased demand from Amazon Fresh and Prime Now. Our teams are working harder to increase delivery capacities and the availability of delivery windows. For the latest updates on our ordering and delivery services, see the Delivery FAQs on Amazon Fresh and Prime Now.
12. Help and customer service
Get help with your order, returns, account, and more.
- Why do people play pickup basketball
- When are the sales at the end of the season exactly
- Can a blacklisted phone be unlocked?
- What does Matthew 16 13
- Which manufacturer produces DDIS motor
- Why is my Wii controller not working
- What is the percentile score
- Why is paper so valuable
- What is happening in Bolivia
- How can business cards be made more useful?
- What should I learn after J2EE
- Why did India lose to Great Britain?
- What technology does Plaid Startup use
- Cleaning nerite snails aquatic stem plants
- How can I take part in a climbing tour
- What are some uncomfortable symptoms of depression
- What kind of mineral is that
- Why was Boehmen so stable?
- Who invented the poutine?
- How does self defense work
- What is the largest city in Great Britain
- Is Trump a man of his time
- How many developers are on Atlassian
- What kind of doctor can diagnose aphasia