You can do a reverse email search
Mask your email address while using it on shady websites
Consider these situations -
- You want to sign up for the temporary service.
- You want to contact people in a shady online forum.
- You'll need to give your email address to someone you don't trust.
In all of the above cases, it does not make sense to use the original email address. Anyone can do a reverse google search of your email address and find out who you are.
Of course, you can use online services like Fake Mail Generator to receive disposable emails, but they are only a temporary inbox. They delete all of your messages after a few hours or days. And don't forget, most temporary emails are caught by spam filters.
We are interested in a long-term solution. The masked email should be linked to my original email address so that any email response I receive to my masked email will be automatically forwarded to my original email address.
Related: Things You Should Know About Email Encryption
And guess what, there are a handful of online services out there that mask your email for free. The one I use and also recommend is Blur (formerly known as MaskMe).
Blur is a browser extension that focuses on privacy. In the free version, you can mask your email and generate a secure password. However, if you want the extra option like masking your phone number and credit cards, you have to pay $ 4 per month. However, the free version is sufficient for our task.
Follow the steps
Download and install Blur Chrome or Fire Fox.
Next, click on Blur Dashboard by clicking this url and log in with your email address that you would like to receive forwarded emails to.
Click Masking> Email Masking.
In the next window you will see a list of your masked emails that you can use for an alias. You can even generate new mask emails for different tasks.
Related topics: How to Send Encrypted Email in Gmail and Outlook
That's it; You can use this email address in the contact form of other websites. Any response you receive to this email address will be automatically forwarded to your linked email. These messages are masked in the subject line.
You can only receive email about your masked email. You cannot use form emails to compose a new email. If that's what you want to do, all you can do is create a new email account from scratch.
The service is free and works with any email client. The mask does not access your e-mail account information. I've tried several websites that refused to accept temporary email addresses. Fortunately, the mask email address generated by Blur worked fine.
Also read: How to stay anonymous on the Internet
- How do you create the design
- Are dragons considered a species of dinosaur
- Why does mint have a cooling feeling
- Why are narcissists so intelligent
- Who does sentiment analysis in Spanish
- What does an idli look like
- What is it to understand God
- Did LinkedIn change its contact settings again?
- How common is an infection after surgery?
- How do you reconcile ambitions with reality
- What to throw away from a narcissist
- How does the presidential race 2020 work
- Who got stronger in the 18th century
- Who is a developer of smartphones
- What is web analytics
- How much do broadcast journalists earn
- Which foundation is good for oily skin
- What if Sauron fights Aragorn?
- If someone ignores a human rights violation
- Is there a difference between swelling inflammations
- What's interesting about math
- Was Cuba a Spanish colony
- Manually remove garden weeds
- What is your opinion on Straight Pride