What is the most poisonous animal
10 poisonous animals in the world
For example, a woman in Australia encountered a platelet sea snake washed up by the storm. The approximately 80 centimeter long animal is at home in almost all seas on earth. The snake has no natural enemies. Even tiny amounts of their poison are deadly. Fortunately, the platelet snake is not considered aggressive and actually lives far from the coast.
This sea wasp (also known as box jellyfish) also feels at home in Australian waters. It is mainly found in tropical and subtropical seas. Your umbrella is about 20 centimeters large, its tentacles three meters long. The poison attacks the heart, nervous system and skin cells. In the more than 5500 known deaths, shock or heart attacks led to drowning.
The Vespa Mandarinia - better known as the Asian Giant Hornet - lives in East and Southeast Asia. It feeds almost exclusively on a vegetarian diet or on small to medium-sized beetles. The hornet becomes up to 5.5 centimeters long. If it stabs with its six millimeter long sting, it is very painful. Their poison has a meat-decomposing effect - and attracts more hornets.
She is one of the most venomous spiders in the world. However, only the females are dangerous. The red-backed spider's nerve poison leads to cramps and pain. It becomes life-threatening when the poison reaches the respiratory center. Their main diet is winged insects. The spider is originally native to Australia, but has now spread to Japan.
Yellow Mediterranean Scorpion
The habitat of the yellow Mediterranean scorpion extends from North Africa to the Middle East. The animal, up to ten centimeters long, prefers dry stone deserts and lives under stones or in cracks in walls. The Scorpio is considered aggressive and quick. Its poison is a neurotoxin that acts on the central nervous system. It is said to be 18 times more effective than potassium cyanide.
Terrible poison dart frog
This little guy is considered the most poisonous frog in the world. The Chocó Indians in Colombia use its poison for their blowpipe arrows to hunt down prey. The frog ingests the poison - just like the two-colored pitohui, one of the few poisonous birds in the world - through its food. Researchers suspect that it is the Melyridae beetle that carries the toxin batrachotoxin.
It is at home in tropical and subtropical shallow waters. You can find it from the Red Sea to Australia. Well camouflaged between corals, the up to 40 centimeter long stalker waits for its victims. Accidents with people happen because snorkelers or divers accidentally reach into poisonous spikes. The consequences: unbearable pain, cardiac arrhythmia or respiratory failure.
The octopus grows up to 20 centimeters. The rings on the skin, which glow blue when threatened, are particularly noticeable. When bitten, it secretes highly toxic saliva that contains a fast-acting neurotoxin. The victim is immobile but remains fully conscious. The poison comes from various bacteria found in the animal's saliva.
Map cone snail
The map cone snail is a species of snail found in tropical waters. It is up to 15 centimeters long and is a sought-after collector's item because of its beautiful pattern. Reaching out for her can be fatal, however, as she can shoot her poison arrow at lightning speed. So far, no antidote is known.
The crust anemone is a species of coral found all over the world. It is popular with aquarium owners, but caution is advised: The Palythoa species contain one of the strongest natural poisons, palytoxin. There is no antidote here either.
- Why are mechanical keyboards so expensive
- What is N and L in electricity
- What is self balancing technology
- Which is the cheapest internet service in Nepal
- How are ethernet cables different
- How are websites hosted
- Which environmental factors influence water research
- What does it mean to get porcelain veneer
- What kind of poetry got you excited?
- What is life again
- Who uses real-time operating systems
- How often do you take BuzzFeed tests
- Does a narcissist knowingly hurt people
- Where is Home Depot's headquarters located
- What is the heart and pyloric sphincter
- What is italian food
- Why and where are theses used
- What can be found in templates
- Do Apple AirPods have noise suppression?
- What are the examples of transparent objects
- Does human intelligence differ between races
- Can I sort the answers by date
- What's interesting about math
- How can marketing agencies best use Databox?
- How do you beat Barcelona
- What are field hockey gloves used for?
- A psychiatric nurse can prescribe medication
- What is dynamic analysis
- What is the benefit of reading biography
- What are some new Coca Cola products
- How much money do you feel rich with?
- Where was Adam after he was created
- Why did Lichtenstein paint Pop Art
- Where are NHL pucks made