How do I send personal items internationally
Consignment of goods - without words
If you want to send small items, for example after your private sale on eBay, Hood, Kleiderkreisel and Co., you have another option in addition to parcels, parcels and letters. Various postal companies offer the so-called consignment of goods.
When sending goods, the postage is cheaper than normal mailing of objects. In return, the transport takes longer because the consignment is treated with a lower priority. The standard delivery time is specified as 4 days. The shipment only reaches the recipient after several days, depending on the postal company and the current volume of shipments.
Only goods may be sent with the consignment of goods
As the name goods consignment suggests, this type of shipping can only be used to send goods and not personal messages and letters. Depending on the provider, samples, samples or objects such as B. Spare parts, electronic devices, cell phone accessories, textiles, and housewares.
The consignment of goods is therefore particularly suitable for everyone who wants to send goods to the recipient without personal words. Only invoices, delivery notes and other documents relating to the goods are permitted as enclosures. Individual letters to family, friends and acquaintances may not be enclosed. The operating instructions and the payment form can therefore be enclosed, but not the personal birthday greetings.
The consignment of goods must be marked as "BüWa"
The consignment of goods can now be locked. The consignment of goods must be marked and franked with the label "BüWa". Depending on the price class, shipments of goods with a weight of up to 500 grams or up to 1000 grams are permitted.
The consignment of goods offers less security than the parcel delivery
Shipments of goods are offered without a tracking number and without insurance. If the consignment disappears or is damaged, the value will not be reimbursed as a rule. Without a tracking number, it is also not possible to track where the shipment is. Another disadvantage of the consignment: As a rule, the consignment is delivered without confirmation from the recipient, which makes it difficult to provide proof of receipt. In the event of a dispute, the sender can hardly prove that the recipient has received the goods.
As an alternative to shipping goods, shipping as a package can therefore be offered. Depending on the parcel service provider, this is regularly insured between 500 and 750 euros and traceable via shipment tracking. But be careful with parcels: Depending on the provider, these are also not insured or only insured to a lesser extent and in some cases cannot be tracked via tracking.
International shipping of goods
Until the end of 2018, it was also possible to send shipments internationally. Since January 1st, 2019, Deutsche Post AG has only been offering this service for commercial senders.
Consumers complain that, for example, sending a forgotten charging cable on vacation would no longer cost € 3.20 but € 9.00 within the EU or € 16.00 to countries outside the EU. Even collectors of postage stamps or postcards are faced with the problem that sending goods abroad makes no sense given the often relatively low value of the item.
Deutsche Post AG relies on the universal postal agreement. After that, however, only mailing letters and goods together is not permitted. It is still possible to offer international shipping for private individuals. To our regret, however, this is no longer included in the Deutsche Post AG portfolio.
You can find more tips on everything to do with parcels here: You are the sender of a parcel
- What is Tartarus in the Bible
- What is plant pathology
- Are physiology and psychology the same
- What is predictive merchandising
- Chocolate is spoiled
- Why do high schools give us homework
- Is Paul McCartney on tour in 2019
- What were the Ten Commandments on?
- How much does a typical angel investment cost
- What happens to microorganisms when they die?
- Are there any poisonous mammals
- Really do people whiplash
- Why is comparative politics important
- Has Jesus ever visited Ireland
- Why did Anakin Skywalker love his mother
- How difficult is the gate test in the instrumentation
- What is a marriage of convenience 1
- How was electromagnetism discovered
- What was the original name of the FDA
- When did Toni Braxton make it big?
- What's your favorite Tyler Perry Madea movie
- What is nitrogen meaning
- How many bands are required in IELTS
- Is Gumroad a scam
- How are you different from your sister
- Can a parent be accidentally verbally abused?
- How do switchgears work
- Why are mechanical keyboards so expensive
- How do gifted people keep practicing
- With the takeover of Facebook, WhatsApp remains free
- How do male enhancement pills really work
- Why is this evil sadistic
- How are coding bootcamps rated?
- Short email replies are impolite