What exactly is a vote of confidence
Vote of confidence
The vote of confidence is a government instrument used to discipline parliament. The head of government takes the initiative when it comes to the vote of confidence and thus checks whether parliament is still fundamentally in agreement with the government's position. The vote of confidence does not come from the Federal Chancellor like the vote of no confidence.
The vote of confidence in the Federal Republic of Germany
The possibility of asking a vote of confidence is laid down in Article 68 of the Basic Law of the Federal Republic of Germany. In contrast to the vote of no confidence, the vote on confidence in the government does not take place by secret ballot. The vote on Parliament's confidence in the Chancellor must take place 48 hours after the vote of confidence.
Legal consequences in the event of a negative outcome
If the vote of confidence is answered in the negative by parliament, the Federal Chancellor is initially not obliged to react to it. He has the option to continue the government as before or to form a new coalition. It is also possible to ask the Federal President to dissolve the Bundestag and initiate new elections. The latter can accept or reject the Federal Chancellor's request. The dissolution of the Bundestag must take place within 21 days of the request. In addition, the Federal Chancellor has the option of applying to the Federal President for a legislative emergency. The Federal President cannot decide on this alone, but has to consult the Federal Council. The Bundestag must not be dissolved if the Federal Chancellor applies for a legislative emergency. In addition to the options already mentioned, the Federal Chancellor can also resign.
The vote of confidence was last asked in 2005 by the then Federal Chancellor Gerhard Schröder. He wanted to provoke new elections in this way and be confirmed in office, but he did not succeed.
In addition to the question of trust, democracy can also be created simply and securely by online voting!
How does this work?See also: Bundestag election, vote of no confidence, Federal Chancellor
- US submarines carry nuclear weapons
- What is the hottest industry right now
- How would you define true beauty
- What's your favorite song from the 60s
- Am I fit to climb Mount Everest?
- Office politics is a myth
- What are antimicrobial drugs
- How does avocado help with skin care
- Why use the personal GPS tracker
- How do I prevent travel theft
- What are some traditions of Sri Lanka
- What is a timer ic
- Is the word Real Men sexist
- Are there PSU placements in the LPU
- What do Russians think of the occupation of Ukraine?
- What are SEO SEM and SMM
- What are the basics of dance
- How should one remember Ronald Reagan?
- Who is shipping the product from the Flipkart seller
- What are your reviews of Pyrocrat Systems
- How useful it is to speak for yourself
- How do I separate CO2 from water
- Are Yemeni Jews Arab converts to Judaism
- How useful are shorter URLs
- Are there Excel pivot table templates
- What is the OG Fortnite skin most
- How do wolves smell
- Who is the strongest orc in WOW
- What causes hypercalcaemia
- What belongs to the management of medical devices in hospitals
- What is currency risk aversion
- Have microcontroller operating systems
- What is the work of supercomputers
- What is the Philippines' largest export