Nazi Germany was a superpower
Story Part 2: War and Peace
Free the world from injustice
The political justification for entering the war, as formulated above all by President Wilson in his fourteen-point program in January 1918, is the expression of a new self-image of the United States in foreign policy. Neutrality in the fight against undemocratic powers is no longer possible, the liberation of the world from injustice and unjust rule is an aim for which military means can and must also be used.
Measured against Wilson's ambitious goals, however, the US population is disappointed with the realpolitik after the end of the war, also due to the high losses on the US side: 160,000 dead and 230,000 injured. From 1921 onwards, the USA therefore followed a consistent course of neutrality and non-interference.
Active intervention instead of neutrality
Only when Franklin D. Roosevelt took office in 1932 did that change. Roosevelt declared war on isolationism, which he believed to be detrimental in the long term for ideological and economic reasons. The fear: undemocratic powers could bypass the US and establish closed markets. In his so-called quarantine speech in October 1937, he compared despotic expansive nations with sick people who had to be quarantined in order to prevent further infection. A worldwide epidemic of lawlessness cannot be prevented with neutrality, but only with active intervention.
- If 53 27x 37 what is x
- How long was Sesame Street on PBS
- Why don't lunges hurt my knees
- How do I check the earlier punctuality of the trains
- How to wash a knee support
- Can I eat too many bananas?
- Spirit precedes matter
- Are biofuels thermodynamically sensible?
- Has Armageddon won any awards?
- Why shouldn't I sleep in multiple phases?
- Which causes spruce trees to turn yellow
- What if the Romans never invaded Judaea?
- What are the best wearable technology blogs
- What is Stevie Nick's style
- Loud people are also secret
- Why is equality not important
- EMF behaves like a photon
- What are some sentence examples with precursors
- Which is the best electrical switchgear company
- What is the best semi-rugged laptop
- How do you know what you deserve
- Why doesn't my car start?
- What would make you miserable
- Is the factory overclocked GTX1060 precise for calculations