What are the main FinTech hubs
The 20 most important FinTech hubs worldwide
A ranking of the global FinTech hubs and ecosystems was recently published for the first time. It evaluates FinTech activities in over 230 cities in 65 countries. Two German FinTech locations stand out in particular.
The trend towards digitization has permanently changed our everyday life and the corporate world. Banks and savings banks are recorded later than other sectors, but no less violently. The Bank Blog contains the latest studies on this important topic.
The British company Findexable has published a global ranking of FinTech locations. It is the first index developed to evaluate FinTech activity globally and to understand the scope and scope of FinTech activity in different regions of the world. The report analyzes more than 7,000 FinTech companies in 230 cities from 65 countries.
The calculation of the country and city ranking is made up of the following three factors:
- Quantity (number of FinTechs, FinTech hubs, accelerators, etc.),
- Quality (number of unicorns, investments, events etc.) and
- Environment (e.g. regulatory environment, incentives for startups).
Locations were measured on the basis of “soft metrics”, for example the number of the most important industry events, the FinTech incubators or the accelerator programs. In addition, there are “harder key figures” such as access to online payment services or the number of local FinTech unicorns. According to its own statement, Findexable uses real-time data and an algorithm with artificial intelligence for the global ranking.
Berlin among the To 20 Global FinTech Hubs
The first three places are San Francisco Bay (Silicon Valley), London and New York. As the German FinTech capital, Berlin is the 9th best continental European location.
Here is the list of the top 20:
- San Francisco Bay: 80,136 points,
- London: 54,888 points,
- New York: 36,889 points,
- Singapore City: 23,621 points,
- Sao Paulo: 18,805 points,
- Los Angeles: 17,867 points,
- Bangalore: 16.093 points,
- Boston: 15,795 points,
- Berlin: 15,616 points,
- Mumbai: 15,063 points,
- Hong Kong: 14,778 points,
- Toronto: 14,616 points,
- Sydney: 14,470 points,
- Chicago: 14,419 points,
- Paris: 14,293 points,
- New Delhi: 13,958 points,
- Tokyo: 13,783 points,
- Tel Aviv: 13,628 points,
- Atlanta: 13,150 points,
- Miami: 13.097
Hamburg in the top position of the up-and-coming FinTech hubs
Hamburg also plays a role in the report. The city on the Elbe tops the list of emerging locations in the Global FinTech Index 2020 (“Growth Hubs”), followed by Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, and Copenhagen. In the European Top 50, the Elbe metropolis secured 13th place. In the global ranking, Hamburg made it to 43rd place.
Here is the list of the top 9 so-called FinTech geowth hubs:
Premium subscribers to the Bank Blog have direct free access to reference information on studies and whitepapers.
Not a premium reader yet?
Premium subscribers to the Bank Blog have direct access to all paid content on the Bank Blog (study sources, e-books, etc.) and many other advantages.
>>> Register here
A service from the bank blog
The Bank Blog regularly checks a large number of studies / white papers for you and presents the relevant ones here. As a special service, the search for purchase and download options will be relieved of you and you will be forwarded directly to the provider page. As a Premium Subscriber, you support this service and the reporting on the Bank Blog.
- How are losses made in forex trading
- Why are anecdotes so compelling
- Is QA engineer post includes automation testing
- Do you feel an acceleration in space
- Do you like living in Seattle?
- Votes the President of India
- Can I eat too many bananas?
- There are too many graphic design graduates
- Why is my cursor not working
- Why can't I get an MVC to work
- Why do children fail at physics and mathematics
- How can I reset my AMD drivers
- A common highlight enhances pregnancy
- Why is my portable charger not charging?
- How does a bladder stop urinating
- Can you fast and build muscle
- How can I learn multivariable calculations on my own?
- What is the Honda Accord EX L.
- Who founded Legalzoom?
- When can I start getting a job?
- What are you currently working on
- Why can't I make money online
- How can democracy be rated?
- What are tips for flash panties
- Do you like candied fruits
- Why was the Pentium D processor discontinued
- Is psychology the ultimate science
- Which country starts with the letter G.
- Should I stop multitasking?
- What does mon cheri
- How many nodes can the blockchain grow
- A common highlight enhances pregnancy
- What is a term politics
- Should I have my German Shepherd dog neutered?