How long are the USPS routes running
American Post - U.S. Postal Service
The U.S. Postal Service is a U.S. Postal Service. Your reputation is not the best. The transport of letters and parcels is notorious for long mail delivery times (letters within the USA up to a week!).
About the U.S. The Frankfurter Allgemeine reported on May 12, 2011 in the article US Postal Service: Post is not just post.
- The Post offices (post offices) generally have the following opening times:
- Monday to Friday: 8.30 a.m. - 5 p.m.,
- Saturdays: 8.30 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.,
- closed on Sundays and public holidays.
When the post office is open, the American flag is hoisted. The best way to find out the current postage fees is at the post office to avoid inconvenient postage charges, or on the Internet at the U.S. Postal Service under the keyword Calculate Prices.
Types and Fees
In the following area the post types are listed with the corresponding fees:
- Domestic mail (Domestic Mail): As in Germany, delivery from Monday to Saturday is normal in the USA, with the exception of public holidays. Domestic shipments can be made as follows:
- Express Mail (Express delivery): Delivery within one night. Delivery available on Sundays and Holidays at an additional cost. ($ 12.85 - $ 12.95)
- Priority Mail (Express Mail): Delivery in 2 to 3 working days. ($ 4.90 - $ 5.20)
- First class mail (Mail): Delivery in 2 to 3 working days for letters and small packages.
- Postcards (5 x 3.5 inches) - 28 ¢
- Letters (11.5 by 6.125 inches) - 44 ¢
- Large items (15 x 12 inches) - 88 ¢ Item must be rectangular, evenly thick and not too rigid.
- Parcel / Parcel (up to 108 inches in length + width) - $ 1.13
- Parcel post (Parcel post): Slowest but inexpensive method to send parcels domestically - uses land transport. Shipping Time: 2-9 days in the US, 4-14 days in internal AK / HI / areas, 3-6 weeks between mainland and remote areas (travel by ship) ($ 5.20)
- International shipping options (International):
- Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) - Delivery in 1-3 business days - Price: $ 35- $ 905
- Express Mail International (EMI) - Delivery in 3-5 business days - Price: $ 25- $ 393
- Priority Mail International (PMI) - Delivery in 6-10 business days - Price: $ 20- $ 393
- First-Class Mail International - Normal delivery
- Flat rate depending on size and weight:
- Postcards (5 x 3.5 inches) - 75 ¢ - 98 ¢
- Letters (11.5 by 6.125 inches) - 75 ¢ - $ 3.32
- Large shipments (15 by 12 inches) - $ 1.03 - $ 30.15
- Small Parcel (Up to 108 inches in length + width) - $ 1.23 - $ 30.35
In the post offices you should also buy the postage stamps that are essential for postcards (stamps) acquire. These are sold here at the price printed on them. Postage stamps can also be purchased in hotels, shops, airports, from vending machines, etc .; however, a surcharge is levied here. Also Calling cards are sold although the telephone service is not the responsibility of the post office. Such cards are usually also cheaper to buy in retail outlets.
The Mailboxes (mail drops, letter box) are blue, have a large flap and are labeled "US MailIf there are several flaps on the box, one is for regional and the other for national mail (note the imprint). If you stay in a hotel, it is easier: almost every reception offers the option of storing letters and postcards in a labeled container Forwarding to the post office, if a "device" is missing, the post can also be passed directly to the reception staff for forwarding. We have always had positive experiences here, the post always arrives at home.
Of course, the fastest way to get there is by airmail (which is also more expensive). Otherwise, the post is shipped and has a travel route of approx. 6 weeks to Europe. Within the USA there is the so-called First Class Mail, which is usually sent by airmail; there is therefore no reason to pay special surcharges. Overseas mail, on the other hand, should always be sent as airmail for reasons of time (air mail). The U.S. Postal Service is unrivaled in terms of transport fees, only it can deliver to post office boxes, but the service is - as I said - not particularly reliable.
Operate faster than the state post private companieswhich, however, can only deliver to fixed addresses, not to PO boxes. There are also accessories, such as cardboard boxes in all sizes, customs forms, etc. Reliable, but somewhat more expensive providers are United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express (FedEx), DHL and Mail Boxes Etc. (MBE).
With the US package giant UPS Die Welt deals with the article “Planet UPS” on 11/11/05 - also a contribution about the corporate philosophy in the American economy. If you are looking for alternative mail carriers, take a look at the Yellow Pages under terms such as "Mail Box", "Mailing", "Mailbox-Rental", "Packaging Service".
For Packages there are very strict rules. It is advisable to buy the cardboard boxes available from the post office and to package the shipment as it is stated on it. Airmail parcels must be clearly marked, otherwise they will be shipped with a delivery time of approx. 6 weeks. For foreign parcels, a customs declaration (customs declaration label) which can be obtained from the post office. The customs regulations of the recipient country must also be observed; see under customs.
- The following sequence applies to the postal address:
- Street (house number before the street name!), Details of the apartment number (e.g. # 12)
- Name of the place, then the abbreviation for the state, finally the five- or nine-digit postcode, e.g. Chicago, IL 60600
The Post Code (ZIP code) is important because every post office has a different one ZIP code and without its precise specification a letter can wander for a long time. The local ZIP code can be found in the phone book.
- The ZIP codeis basically structured as follows:
- the first digit indicates one of 10 geographic region (e.g. 0 for Massachusetts, 1 for Pennsylvania, 7 for Texas, 9 for California),
- the next two digits determine the postal place of arrival, the last two digits indicate the place or the post office.
- The other 4 digits for a nine-digit ZIP code further specify a delivery area or a special address.
- Here are some postal ones Technical terms:
- first class mail: normal mail
- air mail: air mail
- registerd (certified) mail: Registered mail
- c / o (= care of): "by address", "at"
- c / o general delivery: poste restante
- zip code: zip code
Poste restante you can send items to all postal delivery offices in the country with the addition c / o general delivery send (ZIP code particularly important here). A letter is kept for 30 days and then sent back (so don't forget the sender). The telephone and fax system in the USA is completely in the hands of private operators, see also under Telephoning.
Telegrams (telegram or wire) call the Western Union Telegraph Company (addresses in the phone book or the Yellow Pages).
- Which is better SPS or IOT
- What is the graph for 4e x
- Refuel the Israeli Navy at sea
- Which mattress is best for combination sleepers
- Tally ERP has a mobile app
- Which songs help you deal with bipolar
- Why are only a few French girls big
- How do I deal with persistent fear
- What percentage of Twitter photos are geotagged
- Why did Stalin adopt Marxism?
- What are the books of Allah
- How do Nepenthes shine
- Who is the best badminton player
- Who is Stuart MacGill
- What is a Berliet VXB 170
- Can a US president say hello to his generals?
- How do gases react to temperature
- How can I calculate a stock split
- Who founded Legalzoom?
- Are basic duties justified
- How can I deal with dying
- Why Hinduism is so tolerant
- How is a triple ipa brewed
- Do you like the thought process