How many backlinks do I need
How many backlinks do I need to rank?
It has long been known that backlinks have a major impact on the ranking of a website. That's why SEOs try to get new backlinks again and again, for example in the form of an exchange or a purchase. But the good content also ensures fresh backlinks from high-quality sources. Ultimately, it is about building more and more backlinks and thus strengthening the linked website more and more and also building up the rankings.
But how many backlinks do you actually need to achieve good rankings? And how many backlinks are actually “a lot”? Well, how many backlinks are a lot is always decided by the viewer, because for some people 500 backlinks are a lot, for others 1000 backlinks are a lot. But there are also people who say 1000 backlinks are not enough. Here you always have to differentiate in which area you are: Large news portals, for example, have significantly more backlinks and are often in the hundreds of thousands. If you now run a news portal yourself, 1000 backlinks are not that much. Compared to a niche site, for example on the subject of turtle food, 1000 backlinks are a lot.
Lots of backlinks for the rankings?
The ranking can be manipulated by the number of backlinks. At least that's what they say. That's also true, only partially. You can also rank with few backlinks, it just depends on the quality of the backlinks and of course on the page itself.
It is not always the quantity that is decisive, but rather the quality. If you get high-quality links on your website or online shop, you don't need a lot of backlinks to rank on the relevant keywords. But if you don't get high-quality backlinks, you need more links and thus significantly more time, because as we know, you shouldn't build links too quickly, but take your time with them so that Google doesn't penalize the page.
Other ranking factors
As I have written many times before, Google not only has a ranking factor, but more. Of course, nobody knows the exact number, but the sum is estimated on more than 200 different factors that also have an influence on the ranking. A list of different ranking factors can be found here. How complete the list is and which point has how much influence on the ranking cannot of course be said. However, the list is a good approach, with many important points to keep in mind as you work.
So links are not the only factor that can influence the ranking. But backlinks are a pretty important and efficient tool to push your own rankings.
Quality vs. Quantity
For a long time it has been important to get high-quality links that you cannot just get or that not everyone can get. These are links from really strong, old and above all well-known sources such as daily newspapers, Wikipedia and so on. You can't get backlinks from such sources “just like that”, but only through hard work, a lot of patience and of course very good content.
High quality links have a very strong influence on the ranking, as there is always a strong “trust” domain behind the link, which gives Google a lot of trust. So also the outgoing links.
Those who rely on quantity do not attach much importance to quality and thus also not to how strong the domain is from which a link comes. In this blog post we explain how to rate the strength of a website.
How many links do you need to rank?
These or similar questions are asked again and again in forums, because SEO beginners in particular want to know how much work is actually necessary before starting work. The fact that there can be no answer to this question is often overlooked. A general answer as to how many backlinks are necessary for ranking is unclear.
The whole thing is due to various factors:
- What is the competition like?
- How many links does the competition have?
- Where did the competition's links come from?
- How old are the pages of the competition?
- How many links does the competitor's ranking site have?
You have to judge for yourself how strong the competition is. The stronger the competition, the harder the work becomes. But with hard and quality work, anything is possible.
Even if you can determine the exact strength of a website and thus the competition, you cannot even then say how many links are needed to rank on a certain keyword or to position yourself in front of the competition.
Even if you can look at the metrics of many websites and online shops, you cannot even then say in general how many links are needed to position yourself in front of your own competitors. But you can say that you can get further with high-quality links and also achieve faster success and first rankings, compared to less strong backlinks from sources that Google does not trust.
Your advantages with RankSider
- Improve your rankings
- Visible SEO metrics
- Permanent existence of the links
- Independent definition of the budget
- One-time costs - no link rental!
»Pinterest: Network of the future or digital fast food?
- Heat rises from the ground
- Has anyone passed the TNPSC without coaching?
- Where can I download free sanitary textbooks
- What were the people doing before MapReduce
- Republicans got upset after Obama won
- Where did the thinking start?
- Who called this planet Earth
- What is your favorite chain restaurant
- What can you feed Plecos
- Do looks and money matter in dating
- What is contracting
- Why is my period 3 weeks
- Which ion would magnesium make
- What was your best and worst investment
- Stuttgart Germany has a good airport
- Where can I find places nearby online
- Where should I invest in stocks
- Perception can be measured
- Why Hinduism is so tolerant
- Who is the front runner on Quora
- Can I change my name and my age?
- What is inverse domain
- How do loans work in professional football
- Why did Ansett Australia fall
- What are the most enjoyable math facts
- Is Aamir Khan an alcoholic
- What is uneven speed
- How to dissolve hardened salt
- Can you make any material hydrophobic?
- How could I get out of ADHD
- Is mbbs hard or easy
- Which shampoo is better Himalaya or Biotique
- What is parallax good for?
- How can I delete all Facebook comments