Was the episode of John Oliver's Venezuela misleading
Greece in a European context
This interdisciplinary anthology presents current crisis and discourse phenomena in Greece and Europe from various fields of research. Greece has aroused enormous research interest due to the sovereign debt and euro crisis, but despite all of this the German social science research is lagging behind the current developments and political debates in Greece. The concern of the anthology is therefore to dare to take a first step in this direction in order to give the German discourse a different insight into the Greek “Pandora's Box” and to provide critical suggestions on the current state of Greece and Europe. The interdisciplinary approach pursues various theoretical and thought traditions that complement each other in order to better understand the complex Greek and European processes of change.
Causes and ways out of the crisis in a European context ● Discourse phenomena of the crisis ● Cultural and historical narratives of the crisis ● The European Troika politics and its consequences: Critical analyzes of the present ● Urban areas of crisis and their metamorphoses
The target groups
- Social scientists
- Humanities students
- People interested in Greece
Aristotelis Agridopoulos is a research assistant at the chair International Comparison and Political Theory of the University of Siegen.
Dr. Ilias Papagiannopoulos is Assistant Professor for Contemporary Political Philosophy at the University of Piraeus.
- Aristotelis Agridopoulos
- Iliad Papagiannopoulos
- 1. Chair of Political ScienceUniversity of SiegenSiegenGermany
- 2. PiräusGreece
About the editors
Aristotelis Agridopoulos is a research assistant at the chairInternational Comparison and Political Theory of the University of Siegen.
Dr. Iliad Papagiannopoulos is assistant professor forContemporary Political Philosophy at the University of Piraeus.
- Book TitleGreece in a European context
- Book SubtitleCrisis and Crisis Discourses
- Editors Aristotelis Agridopoulos
- Series TitleState - Sovereignty - Nation
- Series Abbreviated TitleVoigt, State
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-07240-7
- Copyright InformationSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden2016
- Publisher NameSpringer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Social Science and Law (German Language)
- Softcover ISBN978-3-658-07239-1
- eBook ISBN978-3-658-07240-7
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages VII, 335
- Number of Illustrations7 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- TopicsInternational Political Economy
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Are biometric timers really necessary
- Consider US universities grade 12 results
- How much do DIRECTV technicians earn
- How dangerous is cardiomyopathy
- What do people think of Facebook Timeline
- What is the kernel source for Android
- What are the top 10 EAMCET colleges
- Why was the Indus Waters Treaty signed
- Why is legal technology so bad
- We live in a timeless reality
- What is 10 10 10 14
- What are some cute fairy tail photos
- What is industrial training
- Where are your Airbnb rentals
- Someone regrets receiving the CFA
- Why are there so few old trees
- How do I show charisma every day
- Are Indians crazy or passionate about cricket?
- Absenteeism epileptic seizures aren't a thing
- Are VPN and IPSec similar
- Should Alastair Cook reconsider retiring
- How are rivers traced back to their source?
- What new feature is coming in WhatsApp
- What is web analytics