What is cardiomegaly treatment
With the term Cardiomegaly is an enlargement of the heart that is outside the norm. Cardiomegaly is not an independent clinical picture, but a secondary organ change that can be traced back to other underlying diseases (e.g. arterial hypertension).
Cardiomegaly can be the result of increased physiological stress during extreme physical training (athlete's heart). Pathological causes are more common, e.g .:
As long as a critical size is not exceeded, cardiomegaly can be asymptomatic and can only be discovered as an incidental finding in the chest x-ray. At an advanced stage, it manifests itself in cardiac arrhythmias and signs of heart failure.
Cardiomegaly is typically diagnosed through imaging. Possible examinations are chest x-rays, echocardiography, CT or MRI.
4.1 Chest X-ray
The heart / thorax quotient (CTR) in the p.a. projection is indicative in the chest x-ray. If it is greater than 0.5, it indicates cardiomegaly.
In the case of a prone exposure, it must be taken into account that the heart appears to be incorrectly enlarged due to the a.p. beam path, the greater distance to the X-ray detector and the lower inspiration depth. Other sources of error are:
see main article:Chest x-ray (cardiomegaly)
- Can Superman become a green lantern
- What is Ace Frehley's style of play
- What is physical love
- Contains Listerine sugar
- Help with the design of the system analysis
- Trump is the thickest president in history
- Is there a naval base in Brazil?
- Does wrestling actually help with street fights
- What does Gurugram mean
- How do I become Bernie Bro
- What are the uses of tannic acid
- What do porn stars achieve orgasm
- Is life good in JNV
- What are the general needs of automotive oil
- How about the manufacture of LED lights in the USA
- How do you develop research creativity
- Black and white photography is mysterious
- What does a ciliated epithelial cell do
- How many men are really pedophiles
- What event in history prevented a disaster?
- Does fashion influence Indian culture 1
- Who created Masha and the Bear
- How do drug dealers get their customers
- Stainless steel pots are safe
- Got someone married because of Quora
- Vegans suffer from malnutrition
- What is the freezing temperature of CO2
- 2015 was a bad year for movies
- Indicates wealth or power well
- What are the officials of tennis
- Can mean the Tamil word
- Is Divya Bharti overrated
- How did you achieve your independence
- Who wins Bigg Boss Telugu Why