Is something really important in this life
Life in the Middle Ages
In the Middle Ages, the peasant stratum was again one level lower. Not only did they make up by far the largest part of the population, they were also the weakest members of society. However, there were also big differences among the farmers - from free to unfree, from poor to wealthy.
Vassalism served as a kind of social cement between the individual estates. A member of a lower class was usually a vassal (henchman) of a higher rank.
The follower swore unconditional loyalty and obedience to his master. This included, among other things, that the vassal paid taxes and went to war for the Lord. In return, he gave his subordinate land and protected him.
"City air makes you free"
In the Middle Ages, unless they became a monk or nun, they remained in their class for a lifetime - advancement was next to impossible. This only changed with the upswing of the cities from the 12th century onwards.
If a non-free peasant moved to a medieval town and was not ordered back from there by his master for a year, he was a free town citizen. This is where the much-quoted saying "city air makes you free" comes from. In order to enjoy this freedom and participate in the economic boom, more and more people poured into the city from the countryside in the High Middle Ages.
The market is considered to be the "nucleus of the high medieval city", as the writer Rolf Schneider puts it. This place, where traders from different regions met, was not infrequently the starting point for a city to be founded. The cities developed into the most important economic centers of the empire, in which trade and handicrafts flourished.
So it is no wonder that one of the most powerful economic associations of the Middle Ages emerged from a merger of cities: the Hanseatic League. At the heyday of the Hanseatic League - between the 14th and 16th centuries - around 200 cities belonged to it, including Hamburg, Lübeck, Cologne, Dortmund and Berlin.
- How can we reduce our wedding expenses
- Did my dog eat my mother
- What are the indications for psychoanalysis
- Are there Excel pivot table templates
- Are Muscovy ducks actually ducks
- Is there a safe place in Pakistan
- Why does collagen solidify when heated
- Is Strudel an English or a German word
- What new name did God give Jacob?
- What are the hottest shoes these days
- Has someone rooted their Samsung phone?
- Is it a delusion to be alive?
- How do royals make money
- What types of people drive a Cadillac
- What is the County of Richardson TX
- Watch Pakistani Girls Porn 2
- PlayStation online is free for PS4
- Would you change the airplane seats for money
- Are brass instruments harder than wooden ones
- Why does water help you lose weight
- What are the uses of concave lenses
- Will Pink Floyd ever play together again?
- Why are people curious
- What are Top CashBack in China
- Will replace typescript C.
- Why is the Lagrangian density defined in fields
- Who has invested in wework
- Who gives annual festival information
- Has the universe ever made a mistake before
- How do you say to try your hand at French
- Where do we get all interview questions from?
- What is the function of the bronchial veins
- What are the best channels on Ustream