Who pays the dowry
Back to overview: wedding customs
Dowry / trousseau
The Dowry also called dowry or marriage property, are goods that the Bringing bride into marriage. There are two types of trousseau: the direct and indirect dowry.
The direct trousseau is usually paid by the bride's relatives and benefits the bride and groom directly.
The indirect dowry, also known as the morning gift, is paid for by the groom's parents. Traditionally, the indirect dowry goes directly to the bride and is therefore at her disposal, right after the wedding night.
The Dowry is intended to help the young couple get started and enable you to have your own budget. The trousseau also serves as financial support for the bride in case the husband dies early. In some cultures where daughters are excluded from inheritance, the trousseau can also be viewed as a preferred inheritance.
The amount of dowry depends primarily on the social position of the groom, which prevented women from the lower social classes from marrying into higher classes, even though there was no prohibition on it.
The custom of dowry / dowry was widespread in many parts of the world. B. Europe, India or Africa. The custom as such is practically no longer common in Europe, while it has been preserved in other parts of the world.
Nowadays it is Trousseau In the German legal situation, it is handled in such a way that the child's equipment (gender-neutral) through a donation from the parents' assets on the occasion of a marriage or start-up is not an enforceable claim.
Instead of the outdated trousseau in Germany nowadays, bridal couples get "modern" from their parents Wedding favors as a honeymoon, a generous one original money gift or an impressive one Fireworks for the wedding given.
Other wedding customs and traditions
| coming soon...|
- Who is the most famous billiards player
- Why is riding called hacking
- Is civilization in decline
- Can IB students ever skip classes?
- How can marketing agencies best use Databox?
- How can I change the group type on LinkedIn?
- How can I use AI today
- How do you burglar in chess time
- What is an external link 2
- How do I create a Jenkins pipeline
- How can business cards be made more useful?
- What are you currently working on
- Is the lip shape genetically determined
- How do I make delicious coffee
- Which country invented the weapon?
- What is the best tool for learning
- What kind of bitcoin mining is there
- What does Matthew 5 44
- How does a perfect cake taste
- How can I make butter-flavored shortening?
- What are the goals of NSS
- What is 33 1 1 1
- How would the Prophet Mohammed Sikhs see
- What is the main goal of SEO
- Should robots be designed like humans
- Which country name ends with GERIA
- How can I avoid billing errors
- What is Sony's main product
- Is lead chromate soluble in water
- Can we become completely anonymous on the Internet?
- What is 10 10 10 10 2
- Why is goddess Durga Bala called
- Makes you quit smoking catnip
- What is leg day 1