What is the Schumanns frequency
Phenomenon of the earth's atmosphereSchumann resonances without space travel
There are about fifty lightning bolts on Earth every second. This creates electromagnetic waves that travel around the earth at a height of around one hundred kilometers between the earth's surface and a boundary layer in the ionosphere. If the radiation has exactly the right wavelength, it is superimposed and amplified. This is how standing waves are formed that run around the earth almost eight times per second. This phenomenon is called Schumann resonance, named after Winfried Otto Schumann, a physicist at the Technical University of Munich who researched it in the middle of the last century.
Schumann resonators in space shuttles?
The rumor persists that NASA had Schumann resonators installed in its space shuttles or even in the modules of the international space station. This is important so that the astronauts outside the earth's atmosphere are doing well. This is nonsense. In fact, NASA deals with Schumann resonances. The waves in the atmosphere can not only be observed from Earth, but also with a measuring instrument on a US military research satellite in orbit.
There are standing waves in the earth's atmosphere, but they cannot be seen in photos. (Deutschlandradio)
Since the resonances fluctuate slightly depending on the season, solar activity or the chemical composition of the atmosphere, their measurement allows conclusions to be drawn about the state of the terrestrial atmosphere. There could also be Schumann resonances in the atmospheres of other planets in our solar system and even in those of exoplanets. Unfortunately, they can only be measured by a space probe in the vicinity, but not with a telescope over a long distance.
- Will the planet Venus ever go backwards?
- What is rigid body movement
- Can lead oxide be reduced by hydrogen
- How does Hillary Clinton dress
- Killing seat belts
- What are the best SLA 3D printers
- In which country are Amway products manufactured?
- Can amoeba live in carbonated water
- Do you drink Uber Eats
- Death turns us all into angels
- Why are applications so long
- Is college funding for the senior year project
- What kind of mineral is that
- What made you switch to Reformed theology?
- True love comes back
- What does parking mean
- Is lead chromate soluble in water
- A urinary tract infection affects the kidneys
- Why does capillary action occur in the soil?
- How can Foursquares explore the system
- Laryngospasm can be fatal
- Why is Congress exempt from FOIA
- Which labels do you actually agree with?
- What are baseboard heating