Is fertility linked to attractiveness
Keep your eyes open when choosing a partner: a strongly masculine face suggests poor sperm quality
"Our results show that the relationship between the attractiveness of a man's face and the quality of his semen may depend on how one defines 'attractiveness'," write Carles Soler of the Universitat de València and his colleagues. If it is only about a short sexual adventure, a masculine face is particularly attractive to women. Then the following applies: the more attractive the man, the worse the quality of his sperm. In contrast, when looking for a permanent partner, men with softer facial features do better and the following applies: the more attractive, the more fertile.
The study “focused” on 50 men between the ages of 18 and 36 years. The researchers assessed their sperm quality on the basis of mobility, cell shape and concentration of the sperm in the seminal fluid. Just by looking at a portrait photo, 226 young heterosexual women and men from Spain and Colombia rated the attractiveness of the faces on a scale from 0 to 10. The women should think of a partner for a long-term relationship. The men were asked to estimate how attractive women would rate each face when looking for a partner. The biologists used objective measurements to determine how masculine each face was. The width of the face - the distance between the cheekbones - is a decisive feature. It is known that the wider the distance, the more masculine the face and the higher the testosterone level, which in turn is associated with properties such as aggressiveness, dominance and physical strength.
The more masculine the facial features, the worse a man's semen quality was. In contrast, the more attractive a face was rated by the respondents, the better it was. Both women and men of both nationalities were therefore able to draw conclusions about fertility from a man's face. In an earlier study, women assessed the attractiveness of male faces in terms of a short-term relationship - with exactly the opposite result: Strongly masculine traits appeared most attractive and thus the men with the poorest semen quality did the best.
- How high could an X15 fly
- Can the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian
- Is Poker Baazi real
- How can I avoid getting cold all the time?
- What is an escape tunnel
- What are units
- Why do they call fishermen anglers
- Start a Pinterest Business Now
- Are the best days behind private equity
- Plays the drums hard on his knees
- How does the qualitative data analysis begin
- Can I design a double circuit board
- Masturbates well for athletes
- What are the Biggest Retailers in Colombia
- How can I contact the French embassy?
- What stops bad thoughts
- Does anyone like Tony Bennett
- Where will the G7 2019 take place
- What do people least know
- Increase Your Husband's Confidence
- How do Punjabis treat guests
- Is it legal to carpool?
- What do the locals eat in Tallinn
- How many English dialects are there
- What are the three magnetic metals
- Why is the internet slow in rural areas?
- Why did parasitic plants evolve?
- How can one have religious certainty?
- Empiricists believe in human nature
- How can I become a smart speaker
- What's your favorite Minecraft mod
- Do you earn a lot from Upwork?
- What's so special about a covert narcissist
- Would a dog eat your ferret