When was the banana bread invented?
banana bread is a cake made from bananas, flour and other ingredients.
Ingredients and manufacture
Depending on the recipe, it is made from crushed bananas, wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, milk and egg or soy milk or tofu. Nuts, raisins or dates as well as spices (cinnamon or vanilla) can be used as additional ingredients. Banana bread is usually baked in a loaf pan and served sliced.
Due to the high content of carbohydrates, it can be used as an energy supplier in endurance sports.
Banana bread is comparatively quick and easy to prepare and is particularly popular in the USA and Australia. When exactly it was invented is not known. It could have been the end of the 18th century when potash was used as a leavening agent. This is contradicted by the fact that it was not specifically mentioned in the first cookbook printed in the USA in 1796. In addition, bananas were only available in large quantities on the market after the colonial expansion around 1880, because there were previously problems with transport and storage due to a lack of cooling facilities. Banana bread is reliably proven by a recipe in a baking book from 1933. Later numerous modifications were developed and ready-made baking mixes were also brought onto the market.
Categories:Fine baked goods | Baked goods with fruit | banana
Status of information: 11/23/2020 10:29:45 AM CET
Source: Wikipedia (authors [version history]) License: CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All images and most of the design elements associated with them have been removed. Some of the icons have been replaced by FontAwesome icons. Some templates have been removed (such as "Article worth reading", "Excellent article") or rewritten. Most of the CSS classes have been removed or standardized.
Wikipedia-specific links that do not lead to articles or categories (such as "Redlink", "Edit links", "Portal links") have been removed. All external links have an additional FontAwesome icon. In addition to other small design adjustments, media containers, maps, navigation boxes, spoken versions and geo-microformats have been removed.
Important NOTE Since the given content was automatically taken over from Wikipedia at the specified time, manual checking was and is not possible. LinkFang.org therefore does not guarantee the correctness and topicality of the content taken over. If the information is now incorrect or there are errors in the presentation, we ask you to contact us by: E-Mail.
- Why was Galileo killed
- How do you know that she is the one
- What is the closest airport to Disneyland
- What are the first steps of programming
- What is the size of 1 bacteria
- What sound can't you spell
- 464 is a prime number
- Is tap water recycled wastewater
- Who can eat more goku or luffy
- What are the best MS courses abroad
- Can animals cause earthquakes?
- What is the national anthem of Ukraine
- When will the beta version of iOS 13 start?
- Makes you smarter learning Spanish
- Why are the French so dramatic
- Can apply good content
- What is an unexpected threat in Denmark
- Is it Safe to Use App Cloner?
- Why did Indians wear fringed leather?
- What are the interesting Instagram pages
- Can a trade graduate become a business analyst
- What is the opposite meaning of trust
- What are the benefits of forest reclamation
- How to use Azura's Star